High Court Gives ISPs 30 Days To Block The Pirate Bay

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'll give TPB credit for one thing, those guys can scurry from one place to another faster than cockroaches when the lights come on. Block them in one place and they pop up somewhere else within a day.

The High Court in Ireland has made its decision in a copyright infringement case brought by the major recording labels against several top ranking ISPs. The labels said that the service providers should be prohibited from facilitating subscriber access to The Pirate Bay and today the Court agreed. UPC, Imagine, Vodafone, Digiweb, Hutchison 3G and Telefonica O2 now have 30 days in which to block the infamous torrent site.

Nothing gets put up on TPB anymore anyways. Couldn't even find the Red Wedd...I mean latest linux distro last time I looked.

How is not blocking a website "facilitating"?

I don't like this slippery slope where the government gets to decide which parts of the web my ISP should allow me to visit.

Didn't England already try this?

Oh yeah, they did, wonder how well that worked ..... lol

Nothing gets put up on TPB anymore anyways. Couldn't even find the Red Wedd...I mean latest linux distro last time I looked.
Not sure what you are doing wrong but I see plenty of copies of the latest Linux distro on the site. Some of them even in 1080i.

Lol .. if you're on TPB without a VPN/Proxy you're a fool anyways. They can block it all they want, it'll just drive business for these services.

With the number of tpb proxies to pick from I have yet to notice any issues and I'm on the UK ISP that was first to implement the blocking.

Both proxy sites in ireland from an easily google-able proxy site worked. lol

Who the heck torrents anymore?

Those with seedbox's...

The real question is who in the fuck would still use TPB with all the leach's out there when there are so many private trackers that are free & give you better service with less virus's...

I love bittorrent and the pirate bay among many others :) Anyways they are silly thinking they can stop global trade of software non pirated or pirated. Just a waste of tax payers money when they could be doing something else more respectable like taking a dump in the toilet.

Oh and btw someone said how the heck torrents well lots of people with legal data to transfer and also others illegal. BTW who in their right mind spends money on cloud and sky and steam bs that you can't resale ? Oh ya I know who does and I am not one of them that's for dam sure.

Fuck the BS, I torrent like a villain. Try and stop me.
Wait don't...

Those with seedbox's...

The real question is who in the fuck would still use TPB with all the leach's out there when there are so many private trackers that are free & give you better service with less virus's...

I agree private trackers are better in almost every way, but if you are getting viruses from MP4 files you are doing something seriously wrong.

Does the legal system not know why the Internet was invented and how it works? As I understand it, it was meant to keep information from lost in the event of a disaster, attack, whatever. There is no way on this planet to eliminate that site for forever as long as the Internet itself exists. The only way to end it is for the RIAA and MPAA to walk up to the people running it and put a bullet in their head, and even then that might not work. I can't wait for the day the RIAA finally goes bankrupt.

Does the legal system not know why the Internet was invented and how it works? As I understand it, it was meant to keep information from lost in the event of a disaster, attack, whatever. There is no way on this planet to eliminate that site for forever as long as the Internet itself exists. The only way to end it is for the RIAA and MPAA to walk up to the people running it and put a bullet in their head, and even then that might not work. I can't wait for the day the RIAA finally goes bankrupt.

Despite what many of us more liberal and future thinking individuals might want to believe (Or what might be partially true now as an accidental byproduct) the Internet was Not invented for that reason.

The Internet was invented by researchers in conjunction with the US (and possibly other NATO countries like UK and Canada) Military as a communications and data network system. The public use of the Internet is a byproduct of that design, not the original intention, nor the original invention. I'm sure some of the Scientists and Engineers working on it may have had that in mind, but it certainly wasn't the main goal.

Back