is this a good deal? input and opinions pls

jinhur

Limp Gawd
hey i got a friend whose trying to upgrade his surround view set-up to a major bigscreen setup.

and in the mean time he has a set of monitors he wants to dump onto and is insistent that he will hook it up lol. i dont doubt him as a friend im jus getting more opinions so i doint have to do so much research in different markets to see what value of these things really are.

the set up is a ASUS VG278HR. and he is willing to let them go for 600$

what SAY YOU!??!?!?

thanks, ur opinions are much appreciated.;)

Only 20 mins and 3 bumps. Patience, patience. Lots are still at work or its almost dinner time depending on timezone.

I personally don't know much about those monitors but a quick amazon search shows them for approx $650ea. Shopping around may get you close to $600ea. Gonna need a lot of horsepower to run 144hz surround I imagine.

My advice: stop demanding instant gratification :)

Exactly what is your friend doing? You said he has a surround setup - how many monitors? What is his GPU(s)? What's his CPU and RAM? What's he upgrading to?

Hard to give an opinion without sufficient information - if you just want SWAGs then of course that's another story.

i will never stop demanding expedited gratification.

but anywho,

its about the 3 monitors...

they are ASUS VG278HR
as ive said, i would to PAY, nothing FREE (swag), 600$ for the set of 3 monitors.
are they worth it.

You figured out how to sign up for hard forum but can't google the monitors you are interested in? There are no reviews of that model, the only thing you can do is look up customer reviews on places like New Egg & Amazon.

I find it hard to believe he's asking $200ea for 3 of those monitors ($600 total) . I would buy them just to flip them at that price.

Horsepower = good system.

so im getting tired of people just responding for the sake of responding, u can leave ur assumptions at the door because for sure its making u and me look like an ass.

users on [h] may kno someone, have seen it, used it, find reviews that i wont be able to for being wayy out-dated. plenty of reasons why other inputs would be handy.

i mean wtf is the point of a pbulic forum? do you kno what forum means?

NCX, absolutely useless. don't project ur, personal, initial motives for joining [H] onto others please.

also, ur opinion has nothing to do with what i've initially asked.
so pls go to school.

I find it hard to believe he's asking $200ea for 3 of those monitors ($600 total) . I would buy them just to flip them at that price.

Horsepower = good system.

yea?

see me too that s the thing.

like i'm finding them to be pretty pricey, maybe there s a secret online shop he knows about that i don't lol

so looking like a true friend deal eh?

for $600, that is a great deal
however, you only have one 670? if would be pointless to have 144hz surround, since your system would not be able to handle that.

you would need to upgrade your cpu and throw in a couple more cards
or upgrade to two powerful cards.

and please, dont make a thread and bump it four times in twenty minutes and then insult those who who post on your topic.

ty for your input, however, the situation being considered, i felt it was appropriate to bump that often.

if it arises again probably will do so again.

im not a fan of spamming. nor am i of passive aggressive, short sighted-ness.

Also, i think the POINT of getting the monitors is to see its really a good deal.
assuming, makes an ass out of u and me...

ty for your input, however, the situation being considered, i felt it was appropriate to bump that often.

if it arises again probably will do so again.

im not a fan of spamming. nor am i of passive aggressive, short sighted-ness.

Also, i think the POINT of getting the monitors is to see its really a good deal.
assuming, makes an ass out of u and me...

you must understand that no one is going to respond that quick, i usually dont check my threads until the next day.
no one is constantly checking the forums.

your thread is going to be on the first page for a while so their is no sense is constantly bumping, if any thing its going to discourage people from helping you.

as i said, it is a great deal but you dont have the pc power to run that kind of setup.
you should be considering if the cost of an upgrade is worth it, rather then if the monitors are a good deal.

Buy them, sell one or 2 of them, and that could fund a pretty nice upgrade for you. That's probably what I would do. Still would have one to enjoy and could do so to its potential.

next time you bump your super ultra important thread give it a proper title so we know what it's about.

"is this a good deal? input and opinions pls" does not contain useful information, will be ignored by many, and only clicked out of pure curiosity by those currently bored.

"Three used ASUS VG278HR worth $600? pls help" would have been much more efficient at getting responses.

Id's say it's a good deal based on market value.
As others wrote it's unlikely that your card will be able to supply a steady 144fps to all three, but it'll manage playable frame-rates.

You also forgot to mention what you're currently using, so we can't tell you if the monitors would be worth getting in your case, or if you're wasting money by downgrading.

Last edited:
Back