What kind of a gamer are you?

Magix

Weaksauce
Started thinking about this today and it's a fairly interesting subject. So I'm interested in hearing what kind of gamers you guys think you are. Might provoke someone to go find more games based on those answers

What genres do you enjoy most? What does a game HAVE to have for you to enjoy it? (Mainly for singleplayer)

For me, I find that with a couple of exceptions, I can only really enjoy open world games or games that have some element of stealth (ideally both). For example the Assassin's Creed series or Far Cry 3. I feel that it gives the ultimate freedom - not only to go anywhere, but approach any situation in a number of different ways. As soon as I feel like there's a predetermined path that I MUST take, I can't enjoy a game. I also like stuff that rewards exploration and makes you feel like you're actually a part of a living world - like Deus Ex Human Revolution or to some degree Skyrim.

I like quite a variety of genre's. RPGs (open or linear either, depends on the individual game and how good it is), action adventures, adventures (IE classic point and click style), RTS , FPS, TPS, etc.

The only games I don't really have that big an interest in are sports games (aside from FIght Night/MMA games) racing sims (Though I did enjoy the Colin McRae series) and puzzle/platformers (got a bit tired of those back in the 90's).

For me a lot of things I enjoy depend on the genre. RPG's I tend to like having either a strong narrative (IE The Witcher, Dragon AGe Origins, Baldur's Gate) or at least solid gameplay with a sense of exploration to it (The Elder Scrolls, they have never had a great narrative imo but the gameplay/exploration makes them fun).

FPS games I tend to enjoy the ones that are more hybrid's and have a good story or try something different. Half Life I/II, Deus Ex, Thief, Dishonored, Bioshock, I enjoy those kinds of shooters.

However I LOATHE, I say I LOATHE shooters like CoD. I enjoyed Medal of Honor: AA and the first CoD, because at the time it was something new/interesting, but these days it's the same basic thing OVER AND OVer, just running through strict linear "scripted" moments fighting waves of enemy AI, complete with a dumb "squad" of AI that can't hit the right side of a barn and the entire thing feels so bloody pointless. It doesn't help the storylines are often forgetable and cliche.

RTS games, I tend to enjoy RTS games with good combat systems. Games like the Total War series, Company of Heroes, and my all time favorite, Myth I/II. However I am not a huge RTS fan of games like Starcraft. I enjoyed those styles of RTS games in the 90's (IE C&C/Age of Empires) but it's worn out on me. The whole "flat" feeling of the combat and the huge focus on micromanaging, isn't that fun to me. I enjoy combat that's more tactical, more about using the environment, strategy to covercome your enemies rather then sheer numbers and who pumps out what units quicker/builds their base better.

Genres (+)
  • RPG (any type - SP & Co-Op)
  • FPS (SP & Co-Op)
  • TPS (SP & Co-Op)
  • Action Adventure (especially sandbox)
  • Adventure (point & click like Primordia)
  • Racing (Arcade style)
  • RTS
  • Turn Based Strategy
  • Puzzle
  • Platformers (some...)
  • SHMUP (like Einhander)
  • Fighting
Genres (-)
  • Sports
  • Racing (Sim style)
  • FPS (MP)
  • SHMUP (Bullet Hell)
Overall that bullet list is a quick rundown. The genre that I'll play really depends on my mood at the time.

I prefer more laid back games which require thought over games which are more action based.

My fav. genre is the adventure genre (e.g. Sierra games like King's Quest, Space Quest, etc.) They don't necessarily have to be point and click. I also like the Interactive Fiction variant.

Second genre would be turn based western RPGs (e.g. Ultima, Betrayal at Krondor, Magic Candle, etc.).

Outside of that, I have a wide variety of games I will play, but mainly for a session or two (i.e.. SHMUPs (Bullet Hell), racing (arcade), sports games).

Now, I use to like certain genres (i.e. FPSs, turn based JRPGs, fighting games), but got burnt out with them.

Genres I can't stand are Action Adventure, RTSs, puzzle games (e.g. Myst style, I absolutely HATE Myst). Actually, pretty much anything that's action based.

For me a lot of things I enjoy depend on the genre. RPG's I tend to like having either a strong narrative (IE The Witcher, Dragon AGe Origins, Baldur's Gate) or at least solid gameplay with a sense of exploration to it (The Elder Scrolls, they have never had a great narrative imo but the gameplay/exploration makes them fun).

That brings up an interesting point - how much are you willing to excuse bad gameplay if the story is good enough? For me, I tried Dragon Age Origins and the story and RPG element of it seemed really thrilling, but I couldn't get over the slow combat and "last generation" physics (invisible walls everywhere etc). I guess I'm spoiled by more modern games.
But yeah, for me gameplay is a requirement, story comes second to that, but of course a great game will excel in both

That brings up an interesting point - how much are you willing to excuse bad gameplay if the story is good enough? For me, I tried Dragon Age Origins and the story and RPG element of it seemed really thrilling, but I couldn't get over the slow combat and "last generation" physics (invisible walls everywhere etc). I guess I'm spoiled by more modern games.
But yeah, for me gameplay is a requirement, story comes second to that, but of course a great game will excel in both

I have to have a deep story but if the gameplay sucks, I won't play it. I think I'm rather picky about such but I'm willing to get through some gameplay issues if the story interests me.

I personally enjoyed DA:O quite a lot. I guess it just depends on personal perception & expectations as well.

For me the problem with DA:O was mainly that you can't move while attacking and the attacks are fairly slow. For some reason that is a huge turnoff for me. I can only play an RPG like that if it's more guildwars2 style (can move all the time)

Only games I've never been able to get into was historical battle simulators, like the Panzer games or the Total War series.

Umm, I guess my most play genres are:

*Sports
*MMO's

Honestly, in the past 5 years I have not played many games. I tend to read up on gaming news rather than actually playing any games.

I play pretty much anything, though as of late it's been a lot of platformers and some FPS stuff. Currently working through my backlog of games with Metro 2033.

I will say that I will sometimes intentionally install and play through a game I know to be flawed, buggy or just plain bad and enjoy myself. As long as it's playable, I can get some amusement from the brokenness. I've stopped trying to push games like that on others. Generally budget titles don't take themselves seriously, and I can appreciate that.

I love a wide variety of games. I have a soft spot for simulations (like Simcity, Civilization), strategy games (RTS to turn based to whatever), some platformers, RPGs, FPS games, and probably a lot more than I can think of. I'll play games if I enjoy it, no matter the graphics or if I'm even good at the game. I can't win a scenario in Heroes of Might and Magic to save my life, but I love it all the same.

I also appreciate some console games immensely, and I can't explain it, but I've always been drawn to weirder games like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. They're nice distractions from the more demanding action heavy games.

I play pretty much anything, though as of late it's been a lot of platformers and some FPS stuff. Currently working through my backlog of games with Metro 2033.

I will say that I will sometimes intentionally install and play through a game I know to be flawed, buggy or just plain bad and enjoy myself. As long as it's playable, I can get some amusement from the brokenness. I've stopped trying to push games like that on others. Generally budget titles don't take themselves seriously, and I can appreciate that.

Actually, I find that some of the games that score a solid 7.5 that have great ideas, but some major flaws, can be the most frustrating OR the most enjoyable games, to me. It's like, they either get really close to being amazing but screw up on the most important parts of the game, or they present you with a great, unique concept that you're willing to forgive the obvious flaws.

Actually, I find that some of the games that score a solid 7.5 that have great ideas, but some major flaws, can be the most frustrating OR the most enjoyable games, to me. It's like, they either get really close to being amazing but screw up on the most important parts of the game, or they present you with a great, unique concept that you're willing to forgive the obvious flaws.

Please tell me you don't take some scoring system seriously?

Furthermore, PLEASE don't tell me it happens to be metacritic?

I enjoy all genres, but as of late I've been playing more mmos, fighting, and sports games.

Please tell me you don't take some scoring system seriously?

Furthermore, PLEASE don't tell me it happens to be metacritic?

I'm more cautious when buying a game that gets 10/10 than one that gets 7.5

Then again I'm more intrigued but eccentric games than Mass effect and call of duty.

I don't know what kind of gamer I am. I play a whole lot of Counter-strike global offensive since the new official maps and all the bugs being fixed.

I was having a fairly good time with Dota 2 until I played my first seriously competitive match and did badly and it was literally 45 minutes of people screaming into the mic calling me a retarded faggot and I uninstalled Dota 2.

Now I get it. If you fuck up early its difficult to recover so you just lose for 45 minutes. I can see how that would set people off but I'll pass on it. I don't play online to be called a faggot shit-tard over and over. People that play Dota 2 really need to get their shit in order it's worse than Call of Duty. I've read somewhere that Valve is really getting tired of it too and handing down bans, but I don't really care anymore.

I was playing De_Train the other day and ended up killing most of the other team solo. like 7 or 8 people. I laughed har-har and all that but you didn't see one negative comment out of mine or anyone else's mouths. If you want to play online with me I expect respect and you should expect the fucking same. The internet is a lot less anonymous than people think.

I reinstalled dead space 2 and Crysis 2 this weekend gonna give those a go.

Last edited:
I'm more cautious when buying a game that gets 10/10 than one that gets 7.5

Then again I'm more intrigued but eccentric games than Mass effect and call of duty.

I don't know what kind of gamer I am. I play a whole lot of Counter-strike global offensive since the new official maps and all the bugs being fixed.

I was having a fairly good time with Dota 2 until I played my first seriously competitive match and did badly and it was literally 45 minutes of people screaming into the mic calling me a retarded faggot and I uninstalled Dota 2.

Now I get it. If you fuck up early its difficult to recover so you just lose for 45 minutes. I can see how that would set people off but I'll pass on it. I don't play online to be called a faggot shit-tard over and over. People that play Dota 2 really need to get their shit in order it's worse than Call of Duty. I've read somewhere that Valve is really getting tired of it too and handing down bans, but I don't really care anymore.

I was playing De_Train the other day and ended up killing most of the other team solo. like 7 or 8 people. I laughed har-har and all that but you didn't see one negative comment out of mine or anyone elses mouths. If you want to play online with me I expect respect and you should expect the fucking same.

I reinstalled dead space 2 and Crysis 2 this weekend gonna give those a go.

About the online idiots part...seriously. Can't play anything that has SOME type of competitive edge, where people aren't being aholes, makes no sense. Usually, the people that are yelling and screaming and throwing around ridiculous insults, are the people that honestly do nothing but play that game. If those people are classified as 'gamers', count me the fuck out. I'll be "Guy who plays games occasionally and enjoys them without having to return insults".

I am a single player gamer. Don't get me wrong multiplayer FPS shooter are really fun and get my adrenaline pumping. But now I prefer games like Skyrim. In fact Skyrim is my favorite game of all time. The music the story - I can put my headphones on and get lost in another world and forget about reality for a while. ...... Bliss for me

I need competitive, skill based multiplayer.

Only games single player games I've completed recently were Mass Effect 1 and 2 (I have 3, I started a campaign, but I haven't even left earth)

I really just can't stand single player games anymore. If the AI isn't outright cheating, the developers always seem to throw in some artificial difficulty. Hard modes become stupid, and normal is too easy.

CSGO and Dota 2 are the only games I'm really playing right now.

Before that it was League of Legends, Left for Dead 2, Team Fortress 2 and CS:S. Somewhere after beating Crysis 1 and now I play through MOST of STALKER, and about 2/3'rds of GTA IV (Both I picked up on $5 steam sales) but that's about it. I was pretty close to finishing STALKER then my Dota 2 pass came in and every time I tried to load up my save, I'd play for about 2 minutes then quit and load Dota 2.

I just get so bored with single player games so fast these days and I chalk it entirely up to the AI. Tends to be neither engaging, nor difficult. Hard modes just have the AI cheat (they do extra damage and have more ammo) or put me in crutches (I have less health and less ammo, get less from enemies) and even then, when on crutches, all it ever really boils down to is just forcing me to play SLOWER. I don't have to think any harder, I just have to play very very slow and take my time. BORING.

I'm a hybrid, modern platform gamer by my own definition. By that I mean I game on PC, I game on my Xbox, I game on my Android phone, I game on my iPad, my Nexus 7, or even my Roku 3 from time to time. I am platform agnostic and no longer fall into the archaic trappings that real gaming only exists on any one single platform.

Gone are the years of PC elitism, and here are the days of gaming based on the need, the environment, and desire. Is my wife at the store with the kids and I have a few hours alone? Or is the family asleep and I can do as I please? PC gaming almost certainly. Is my wife using my PC even though I've bought her laptops and tablets? Ok fire up Xbox. Am I playing games with my 3 year old? Ok, iPad, PC, Xbox or phone.. pick your poison. Am I taking a dump?

So and and so on. I play on the platform I choose and stay agile.

Bring on any genre, and innovate and I'm usually going to be interested. Be it a 30 hour RPG or toilet tower defense game, I'm not prejudice. :cool:

Last edited:

For me I LOVED the combat in DA:O, mainly because it was a throwback to the more tactical style of combat like in tihe Baldur's Gate series.

I however agree with you, some things felt held back (like the invisible walls and other elements) however the story, character interaction and other deep rpg elements helped me like the game a lot.

I really just like games whose primary goal is to challenge the player. Strong narrative is delicious icing on the cake, but challenge is my reason to play anything. (Not that I mind the "interactive movie" style of game, but it's not my bread and butter. That is the last food metaphor of this post.)

SpaceChem, Serious Sam, Quake, Myth 1&2, Stalker, Shattered Horizon (at launch, when people still played it), Thief (yeah, all of them), System Shock 2 are some of my favorites, despite being different genres. I really detest the "success simulator" style of game.

Hell, the manual to Quake reads (paraphrasing) "This game is designed to scare and challenge you. You don't have to play it at Hard difficulty, but we hope that after practicing you give it a shot!" Games with that attitude I dig.

Strategy games - RTS (SC2, WC3), Turn based (fire emblem, disgaea, etc.), I also classify MOBA into this since its based off of WC3 RTS. These are my main games.
Racing games, RPGS, FPS are my others.

Genres I hate are platforming games (exactly like Mario, Sonic, Rayman etc. where all you do is platform), fighting games not my type of games, and sports like FIFA, madden, NBA etc.

Everything else I usually play when a good game comes along.

Sports: NBA 2K series, MLB 2K (is not like I have a choice on the pc :( )
FPS, action games (tom raider, remember me etc)

I'm clocking around 1.5 hours every two weeks playing games, that should tell you how much I actually care for gaming now :rolleyes:

I'm going to be broad here. I prefer a game with polish in *everything*! Of course, no game can realistically hit everything perfectly, so I put extra emphasis in storytelling and character/world development, more so over gameplay (as long as gameplay is intuitive and not too clunky, I don't care). Genre and difficulty is not a huge deal either. Give me a game that I can fall in love with, not one that I simply "enjoyed," "spent countless hours on" or "had fun with."

Quality, balanced online multiplayer games with depth.

I dont like 'play to win', but as im old with more money than time. Ive been trying 'play to win' games, but find them shallow and unfulfilling.

Massive fan of MMO's (pun attempted), fps's, and anything where I can compete with others.

I used to be into competitive multiplayer shooters, but I've moved away from them because I don't spend nearly as much time gaming anymore. Now I'm mostly into story-driven RPGs with great combat -- games like the Witcher and Mass Effect.

Started thinking about this today and it's a fairly interesting subject. So I'm interested in hearing what kind of gamers you guys think you are. Might provoke someone to go find more games based on those answers

What genres do you enjoy most? What does a game HAVE to have for you to enjoy it? (Mainly for singleplayer)

For me, I find that with a couple of exceptions, I can only really enjoy open world games or games that have some element of stealth (ideally both). For example the Assassin's Creed series or Far Cry 3. I feel that it gives the ultimate freedom - not only to go anywhere, but approach any situation in a number of different ways. As soon as I feel like there's a predetermined path that I MUST take, I can't enjoy a game. I also like stuff that rewards exploration and makes you feel like you're actually a part of a living world - like Deus Ex Human Revolution or to some degree Skyrim.

RPG Any Mode : Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Is My Dream

RTS Any Mode : Red Alert is My Dream

Fight with Sword : SHinobi is my dream

Multi Player : CS 1.6 Is Daddy :D

RPG Any Mode : Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Is My Dream

RTS Any Mode : Red Alert is My Dream

Fight with Sword : SHinobi is my dream

Multi Player : CS 1.6 Is Daddy :D
I like you. It's a shame CS1.6 has fast dropped off the number of players, and it's nothing like it's heyday. Shinobi, I can always relate to. There's just something satisfying about destroying a helicopter with a sword. Have you played Shinobi on the 3DS?

I'm a FPS player going back to Wolfenstein3D and Doom. As of late,however,I've gotten bored with the linear shooters and am more into open world games like STALKER and Fallout 3/New Vegas. And the occasional marathon session with MAME for that old school arcade fix.

I was playing De_Train the other day and ended up killing most of the other team solo. like 7 or 8 people. I laughed har-har and all that but you didn't see one negative comment out of mine or anyone else's mouths. If you want to play online with me I expect respect and you should expect the fucking same. The internet is a lot less anonymous than people think.

That happens with every competitive game, including CSGO. You see it more in the competitive matchmaking mode there, because people take it a lot more seriously.

I need competitive, skill based multiplayer.
I just get so bored with single player games so fast these days and I chalk it entirely up to the AI. Tends to be neither engaging, nor difficult. Hard modes just have the AI cheat (they do extra damage and have more ammo) or put me in crutches (I have less health and less ammo, get less from enemies) and even then, when on crutches, all it ever really boils down to is just forcing me to play SLOWER. I don't have to think any harder, I just have to play very very slow and take my time. BORING.

Seems like you're talking about only a very specific section of singleplayer games. There are a lot of games that aren't about the challenge of killing your enemies at all, so AI has nothing to do with it. In fact, a lot of them I described in my first post. Games like Skyrim, DEHR reward exploration (and a bucketton of other rpgs), games like AC and FC3 (and a bucketton of other open world shooters) reward planning, it's more about solving the puzzle and figuring out which route to take as opposed to the actual action of executing that plan. Actually pulling the trigger is more of an afterthought in all of those games.

And then you have all the games that don't have any fighting at all - if you want first person examples, you have inventive stuff like Portal, Mirror's Edge, etc.. No AI to blame there.

So it seems to me like you just haven't given the gaming scene a chance =P

Last edited:
Seems like you're talking about only a very specific section of singleplayer games. There are a lot of games that aren't about the challenge of killing your enemies at all, so AI has nothing to do with it. In fact, a lot of them I described in my first post. Games like Skyrim, DEHR reward exploration (and a bucketton of other rpgs), games like AC and FC3 (and a bucketton of other open world shooters) reward planning, it's more about solving the puzzle and figuring out which route to take as opposed to the actual action of executing that plan. Actually pulling the trigger is more of an afterthought in all of those games.

And then you have all the games that don't have any fighting at all - if you want first person examples, you have inventive stuff like Portal, Mirror's Edge, etc.. No AI to blame there.

So it seems to me like you just haven't given the gaming scene a chance =P

Take Skyrim (Well, not actually skryim, I didn't buy it, but Oblivion or Morrowind) boring to me. Like, super boring. I wandered around, talked to some people, stole stuff, went out in the world, dived into a cave, killed some monsters, went back to town to sell all of my stuff and then tried to do it again. At which point I felt like I was wasting my time. The combat was super boring, and wandering around a sandbox with super boring combat, clunky controls, and bizarre level progression just isn't my cup of tea.

Most RPG's just don't do it for me anymore. Probably too much min/maxing on my part, but I blame the games just as often for making many paths non-viable or just horribly inefficient. I.E. grind 3 hours to level up lock picking, or just kick down the damn door. (Especially when kicking down the damn door appears to have zero consequences)

Far Cry 3 was just meh. I unlocked half the island, and crafted all of the important gear, and realized I was looking at another 10-20 hours grinding out the same crap and uninstalled. 'Planning' consisted of driving a truck at 60 MPH until I was 50 yards away from an enemy base, crouch walking through weeds, and then chain stealth killing them all. The AI stupidity rendered any kind of advanced planning pretty frivolous. Exploration was pointless, the only thing you needed money for was ammo, which was already dirt cheap, or buying some junky gun that didn't compare to the assault rifles you got in the first place.

Portal was fun, as was Mirror's edge, but 3 hours of content can only get stretched into so many speed runs before I've had my fill.

I've given the gaming scene plenty of chances and I've come to realize not only do I really not like single player games anymore, but then even when I give them a chance, I usually get bored due to AI, game design, or difficulty shenanigans.

Would much prefer to play against a living breathing human that can learn and adapt, than to fight FlamingFlyingCockroach002 that wigs out when I hide under a rock, who also respawns and gosh, what do you know, I can really grind those suckers for EXP/Loot.

If I played Skyrim like you described, I would get bored as well. I went through Skyrim being immersed in the world and doing the various storylines. At no point was I randomly killing monsters when it wasn't part of the thieves guild, or the dark brotherhood, or the companions, or the civil war, etc

It's only a grind if you make it a grind for yourself

If I played Skyrim like you described, I would get bored as well. I went through Skyrim being immersed in the world and doing the various storylines. At no point was I randomly killing monsters when it wasn't part of the thieves guild, or the dark brotherhood, or the companions, or the civil war, etc

It's only a grind if you make it a grind for yourself

I just can't get sucked into sandboxes like that anymore.

When I was a kid it was a lot easier, but I also had oodles of time. I struggle immersing myself in most of these sandbox games because I find a lot of it to just just asinine.

Man where to even start? I guess a generalization is best for such a open-topic thread:
Genre/Game/Why?

MMO : WoW: End game material is still the best IMO, the content compared to similar titles just doesn't compare, even if some of the engine elements is outdated.

FPS: None: I just can't find myself enjoying the fps scene anymore...I've long since departed with my gaming friends from HighSchool/College. Fragging people I can't brag over in real person just doesn't have the same bravado to keep on doing it. and a fresh crop of hyper-sugar-active-13-year-olds-with-super-reflexes gets harder to compete with as I get a little longer in the tooth. I guess if I had to mention one, it would be Borderlands 2

SANDBOX/RPG-FPS HYBRID: Skyrim for sure kept me entertained for months, and have always been a fan of the GTA series, even if they were ports.

RACING: The Dirt Series, A very underated game that doesn't get enough love and is quite the eye candy.

I find myself more and more these days playing games to see how they perform on my pc's, then moving on left unfinished.

I'm PC-Exclusive. The games I like always seem to be available on the PC, and once I forced myself to learn keyboard/mouse gaming back in 1999, I've never been able to go back to console controllers. Plus, I need to have a PC anyway. Not sure having a cruddy PC and a gaming system is much cheaper than having a decent PC and no gaming system. Guess that's an arguable point, but after all this time, I just don't want to go back to consoles. You get used to things being a certain way.

I've abandoned multi-player games. After more than a decade, I've found their great weakness to be the other players, or maybe just my interactions with them. Maybe I just need time off. Since Thanksgiving/Christmas, I've gone over to single-player FPS-type games, though some elements of RPG isn't a problem, and is often welcome. I'd LIKE to play more stealth, but it seems so painstaking. So many times, I play stealth, I get halfway or 3/4 way through, then everyone's alerted, so I kill everyone anyway. I have to save and restore so much, it's just a cheat. I like silent kills - silenced weapons, draw off a few for takedowns, etc. If I can, I kill a few that way before the real fighting starts, to give me an edge. Sometimes I'll kill them all silently, but I try not to get obsessive about it.

I like open worlds, or open-ish worlds. I play in a cautious, curious manner. I tend to explore every corridor and alley looking for hidden perks and bits of storytelling. If a game is said to take 20 hours to finish, it'll take me 30. I greatly prefer first-person view, or just over the shoulder. Overhead or 3/4 view need not apply. If the game provides the means, I often prefer indirect means of attack/defense. Release a wild animal on the enemy, use mines, set traps, turn enemies on one-another, these are a few of my favorite things. In a fantasy game, I've given up being anything but a sorcerer. It's what I like. In a pinch, I'll take a wizard - there's a difference, you know.

I've got Arkham City, Alan Wake, and The Walking Dead sitting on my HD waiting for me to finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Also looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite, but I'll be waiting for a sale on that. That's the joy of single-player: you don't NEED to buy it near release to get the full experience, and with mods and patches, it's arguably better to wait, and you save money as well.

Last edited:
... And the occasional marathon session with MAME for that old school arcade fix.

I have just discovered the [H]gem that is MAME. Nearly broke me in tears when I saw the old school wrestling game WWF from my 80's childhood days. I'll definately be setting this up for the next re-union I have with my ol' group of friends down the road.

I'm a hybrid, modern platform gamer by my own definition. By that I mean I game on PC, I game on my Xbox, I game on my Android phone, I game on my iPad, my Nexus 7, or even my Roku 3 from time to time. I am platform agnostic and no longer fall into the archaic trappings that real gaming only exists on any one single platform.

Gone are the years of PC elitism, and here are the days of gaming based on the need, the environment, and desire. Is my wife at the store with the kids and I have a few hours alone? Or is the family asleep and I can do as I please? PC gaming almost certainly. Is my wife using my PC even though I've bought her laptops and tablets? Ok fire up Xbox. Am I playing games with my 3 year old? Ok, iPad, PC, Xbox or phone.. pick your poison. Am I taking a dump?

So and and so on. I play on the platform I choose and stay agile.

Bring on any genre, and innovate and I'm usually going to be interested. Be it a 30 hour RPG or toilet tower defense game, I'm not prejudice. :cool:

Amen.

Last edited:
I'm a pretty casual gamer. I used to be into the multiplayer rank up scene, but that just gets old quick to me now. I don't have a favorite genre, I just need games with excellent stories to tell.

Back