E3 Thread : Post your links and update to the minute info.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Figured we do not need 30 new threads with lots of duplicates threads.

Lets see if the sub forum users can attempt to herd the information into one thread.

We all know the usual sites for coverage :

www.ign.com

www.youtube.com/rev3games (probably some of the most level headed coverage here)

www.gametrailers.com (lots of great HD quality videos here)

www.gamespot.com (they always manage to sneak out a few exclusives)

http://www.giantbomb.com (a personal favorite , still has good coverage)

www.joystiq.com ( been around for ages , decent articles)

www.bluesnews.com (one of the oldest gaming related sites around , very good info and well respected)

Those are the sites I usually check.

Xbox E3 Conference video link (starts at 12AM PST) : http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/10/xbox-e3-2013-liveblog-on-joystiq/

Sony E3 Conference video link (starts at 9AM PST , correction thanks Derangel) : http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/10/xbox-e3-2013-liveblog-on-joystiq/

Nintendo E3 direct livestream: http://e3.nintendo.com/ (Begins 7AM PST On Tuesday the 11th ,Thanks Jboozy)

Always an exciting time to be a gamer around this part of the year.

Last edited:
Current rumors flying around, lets have fun!

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089

Who is the poster?
"the most prolific info broker on neogaf is name "crazy buttocks on a train" and speaks only in a mixed l33t speak to avoid detection"

Rumors!

Current rumors flying around, lets have fun!

Who is the poster?
"the most prolific info broker on neogaf is name "crazy buttocks on a train" and speaks only in a mixed l33t speak to avoid detection"

Rumors!

CBOAT is really reputable. He brings A LOT of info in way ahead of time and he is right about just about everything he reports.

He types the way he does so that it doesn't come up in searches and to protect himself.

From what I've seen, if he says it is true, then there is a 99% chance it is.

CBOAT is really reputable. He brings A LOT of info in way ahead of time and he is right about just about everything he reports.

He types the way he does so that it doesn't come up in searches and to protect himself.

From what I've seen, if he says it is true, then there is a 99% chance it is.

Well if that's what ends up being true then I'm even more excited for the PS4. Its almost too much to believe that Sony could be the actually salvation of the next gen consoles considering how much they fucking screwed up with the PS3. Perhaps they've actually learned a lesson or two along the way and finally humbled themselves a tad.

Well if that's what ends up being true then I'm even more excited for the PS4. Its almost too much to believe that Sony could be the actually salvation of the next gen consoles considering how much they fucking screwed up with the PS3. Perhaps they've actually learned a lesson or two along the way and finally humbled themselves a tad.

No doubt....you can tell by how simplified they've made the Ps4 (reportedly).

I think it's also interesting to see how things have flip flopped on 1st and 2nd party game developers....used to be that Microsoft had all the good ones and Sony had the leftovers; now I'd have no problems saying that Naughty Dog has overtaken everyone Microsoft has (especially now that Bungie has switched to MP with Destiny)....and this is BEFORE The Last of Us has even been officially released for sale.

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

I made up my mind already and I'm not getting xbone but shit like that makes me want to troll xbone

For those not watching the Spike coverage, someone from Rare let it slip that the Xbox launch is in November. Also they are working on another shit sports game. No surprises there...

As much as I hate the xbone, I'm still not a sony fanboy. However, I think sony considers the ps3 a success simply because they beat MS with bluray.

I'm hoping MS falls of their pedestal this generation.

As much as I hate the xbone, I'm still not a sony fanboy. However, I think sony considers the ps3 a success simply because they beat MS with bluray.

I'm hoping MS falls of their pedestal this generation.

I'm not a Sony fan either. I'm hoping Microsoft comes to their fucking senses and scraps the Online requirement and DRM, or adjusts it so the installs are not required, but if you do install it, the DRM is then activated and you don't need the disc. Or SOMETHING, hell.

Xbox 360 stuff is first, and they're apparently updating the hardware, so it's smaller and quieter, and is available today.

Two free games a month for Xbox Gold subscribers.

world of tanks. *sigh* That dude's predictions look like they're going to be fairly accurate.

Xbox 360 stuff is first, and they're apparently updating the hardware, so it's smaller and quieter, and is available today.

Two free games a month for Xbox Gold subscribers.

The XBL change is pretty huge. That was Sony's big advantage with PS+. There is no doubt XBL is the superior service, so Sony is really going to have to step up their game on PSN now.

Here's a comment that sums it up so far:

Welcome to the first batch of next-gen gaming: simplified gameplay meant to showcase the graphics more than anything. Glorified tech demos.

The XBL change is pretty huge. That was Sony's big advantage with PS+. There is no doubt XBL is the superior service, so Sony is really going to have to step up their game on PSN now.

The "Gold" packages big disadvantage is it's still forced to pay monthly for peer to peer gaming. Without "gold" level on the PSN you still get multiplayer/Netflix/browsing/whatever/etc.

It would be better if they just got rid of the paid requirement to use your own games on your own console to host you game on your connection. Now you get to keep paying monthly to keep a meager collection accessible.

Basically. While the world is going free to play MS is stuck in the past like the out of touch fossil it has decided to become.

Kinda getting annoyed at all these third-party developers saying "we couldn't do this before, but now with the power of the XBOX ONE!..." as if the PS4 which is 30-50% more powerful and PC didn't exist.

damn,, every presenter so far has this fake vibe about them... Like they rehearsed this shit so many times it doesn't sound authentic anymore

Also is it just me or has there been very noticeable hitching on every game shown so far?

Kinda getting annoyed at all these third-party developers saying "we couldn't do this before, but now with the power of the XBOX ONE!..." as if the PS4 which is 30-50% more powerful and PC didn't exist.

edit: sorry just read third party

I'd say they're more talking about what they have been working with in the past... IE, the last generation.

Forza 5 looks sweet.

Back