Google Is Close to Buying Waze for $1.3 Billion

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
According to Globes, an Israeli online newspaper, Google has finally come to an agreement with Waze, the social mapping firm based in Israel. The negotiations have been going on for months and rumored to have been between Google, Apple and Facebook in a bidding war to purchase the company. The reported price was set at $1.3 Billion dollars.

You can also imagine Waze’s ‘socialified’ maps fitting well with Google Maps and Google+, while it would also be a defensive move to prevent the technology being acquired by Apple or other rivals.

What's stopping everyone from just using their idea? Is it patented?

Hope Google doesn't ruin it because I love it as it is. I've only used it for about two years and it's far better then any other similar apps I've tried.

Its just a way to buy out the competition before they get too big.

Unfortunately, it means that in the end you really only have two or three major competitors, while everyone else is gobbled up. My company has had so many mergers in the last six years we're now double the size.

It's saved my butt many of times and I like the app as well so I too hope Google doesn't crap the bed with this one.

Its just a way to buy out the competition before they get too big.

Unfortunately, it means that in the end you really only have two or three major competitors, while everyone else is gobbled up. My company has had so many mergers in the last six years we're now double the size.

Yeah, when I started working here we were the 4th plant the family own company opened and sales were alittle over $100 million a year.. Jump forward 12 years, and 2 sales later, and the company that now owns these 4 plants now has 90+ plants worldwide, although mostly in the US, and has sales over $6 billion.

Talk about culture shock. :D.

Back