E3 2013, a Mammoth Gaming Culture Festival

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Electronic Entertainment Expo is poised to get under way this week and should prove once again to be Geek heaven to thousands of the devoted who flock to this yearly event for a glimpse of what can be expected within the next year in the games industry. The obvious stars of this year’s event will of course be the close up views of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.

"It's part tech trade show, part Hollywood and part Star Trek convention. It attracts the hardcore of the gaming world, the people who care about how many polygons your game can render in a second or how effectively your algorithms can create realistic hair on a mountain troll.

Will there be actual torches and pitchforks available for the xbox one event?

Wait, gamers have a culture? Are we talking live cultures that you find growing in yogurt and nerd armpits because that's pretty much the only culture you'll find at E3 besides geezer Trek Wars fans dressed up like a Cling-On from Planet Chew-bwak-ah.

You forgot to mention the WiiU! :eek:

Oh..
Nintendo of America President said:
"We'll still be at E3 revealing new information about upcoming games and those of you at home will still be receiving the same stream of content and updates from the show that you always have but it will be different and it will be better."
Laugh if you want, but I, for one, kinda want to see what the new Zelda and Super Luigi Bros looks like.

Wait people other than reporters, pseudo celebs and marketers are going to E3?

Well, there will be friends and family of industry reps that will be paid to be there and photographed "super excited" about each announcement.

"I'm Marsha, an 18-25 year old Guuurl gamer, my favorite titles are mario, diner-dash [and Skyrim of course/I], I'm super excited about the Xbox One and all the wonderful new Kinect features! I'll be the first in line at my local approved game store shop to purchase it and have a marathon (read: 45minutes) session on one of the exciting new release titles! Shoutout to all my girl gamerzzzz!"

Back