Intel i7-3770k $249.99 @ Best Buy (price matched)

CrypticInsight

Weaksauce
I tried this trick:
If you live outside the "25 mile radius rule BB has, which I do. 1) Make sure to pick a Micro Center retail store that has the processor in stock. 2)Call Best Buy's price match number and have the SKU for the product you want them to match. I asked them to update my address to an address I found on G'Maps just by zooming in around the Micro Center in Chicago. If you live within a 25 mile radius of a box store that has the product in stock, such as Micro Center, they WILL match the price. Since every thing is sent to me via email anyway, it does not really matter what your address is. Simply have the Sales Rep from Best Buy ship the matched priced item to the store near your house. BAM! I hope this helps some of you.
Credit goes to Godsend. I think it all depends on who you talk to. The lady I dealt with was afraid of her boss reviewing this and getting burned (I think she was new to the game). If it works for you, you'll get the processor for $229.99.

At any rate, Best Buy price matched with Fry's.com and I got it for $249.99+tax+free shipping directly to my house. I'm a starving college student so I used their 18 month 0% financing option and built a new computer for $50 a month. :D

I think they should also match a 4770K @ $279.99 the same way at BB.

OVERCLOCKERS beware BB carries some GARBAGE batches for HIGH OC

Yea that's no way to bad mouth BB, it's always and anyways been a silicon lottery, may it be where ever.

ok just so it is clear, i used BB zero interest CC to bin some chip (8) and they were NOT very good OCers

ok just so it is clear, i used BB zero interest CC to bin some chip (8) and they were NOT very good OCers

How did they run at stock speeds? Good? If so then YOU GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!!!!!111oneee

Making a generalized statement about Best Buy's chips based on an insignificant sample size is...to put it nicely...not well thought out.

It does seem a bit overstated to me as well. The act of cherry picking lower performance chips is almost as costing as cherry picking higher performance chips. There would be no reason Intel would do this just to spite BB. There is no profit from doing this rather than just giving them whatever they have in stock at the time.

I agree, I think it is just hit or miss.

My 3770k does 4.7ghz at 1.34v 24/7 stable on air cooling. Just delidded it a few days ago and it doesn't break 75C.

Takes a lot of juice to get to 4.8 though so it isn't worth it.

Man, I've bought CPUs from Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Microcenter, and it's been hit and miss everywhere.

In any case, it's kind of a shame they raised the 3770K prices at microcenter. Used to be 230 flat. :|

Man, I've bought CPUs from Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Microcenter, and it's been hit and miss everywhere.

In any case, it's kind of a shame they raised the 3770K prices at microcenter. Used to be 230 flat. :|

I said that to myself, when did they jack the prices up on the 3770k?

Back