Banned! Google Glass Prohibited at Shareholder Meeting

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The term What’s wrong with this picture? is the first thing that comes to mind when it was made public that Google’s own Google Glass was being banned from the annual shareholder meeting in Mountain View. The ‘no camera or recording devices’ rule seemed to drive home the privacy issues consumer rights groups are raising. Welcome to the reality of the situation, Google. :D

"Cameras, recording devices, and other electronic devices, such as smart phones, will not be permitted at the meeting. Photography is prohibited at the meeting," instructions for Thursday's 2013 annual meeting of Google shareholders in California said.

Google is so creepy that even Google is creeped out by Google! That's like an epic win for windowless van owners everywhere.

This isn't news, I'm sure you'd find the same terms in the shareholder meetings of most companies including camera companies like Nikon.

I don't see a problem here, just Google hate mongering

Tech websites are being intentionally obtuse about the restrictions on Google Glass. They're the same restrictions we place on camera equipped smartphones. This hysteria is nothing more than link baiting.

Tech websites are being intentionally obtuse about the restrictions on Google Glass. They're the same restrictions we place on camera equipped smartphones. This hysteria is nothing more than link baiting.

I agree, if they don't allow cameras, cell phones, or any other type of camera / video camera, it makes sense that Google Glass would not be allowed.. What would be wrong, is if cell phones, video cameras etc were allowed, but Glass was not.

To drive this home, I was in a discussion @ IO about wearing google glass into a restroom. I (don't have glass) was saying while it is a little less obvious, it is no different than wearing a spy cam, or taking my cell phone into the restroom and taking a pic.. To prove a point a guy went into the restroom and took a pic of a urinal..

I think it is quite overblown..

I agree, if they don't allow cameras, cell phones, or any other type of camera / video camera, it makes sense that Google Glass would not be allowed.. What would be wrong, is if cell phones, video cameras etc were allowed, but Glass was not.

To drive this home, I was in a discussion @ IO about wearing google glass into a restroom. I (don't have glass) was saying while it is a little less obvious, it is no different than wearing a spy cam, or taking my cell phone into the restroom and taking a pic.. To prove a point a guy went into the restroom and took a pic of a urinal..

I think it is quite overblown..
I guess we should let all those guys that went to jail for putting hidden cameras in women's bathrooms out of jail pronto. Because something can be done, its ok.

Back