SimCity for Mac Delayed Until August

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It looks like Electronic Arts isn’t about to repeat the same mistakes on the Mac release of SimCity as the company did with the disastrous experience when the PC version was released. EA has announced that the Mac version is being pushed back again to August to insure a smooth launch.

The Mac version was originally set for a February release, but was delayed to June 11th and has now been delayed again. The PC version of Sim City was released back in March.

Surely they can release their broken code now and save us waiting for said broken code.

The problem is their windows code is already on version 4.0 or 5.0.. That is a lot of additional fixes the mac team needs to make.. Oh yeah.. I wonder how that will affect the servers, and can PC & Mac Players play together if their versions are not 1:1?

Surely they can release their broken code now and save us waiting for said broken code.

It's not broken enough is the issue. They're working diligently to make it worse prior to release, with a goal of equally horrible game play across the spectrum.

Does anyone still play this? I'm curious if they've actually fixed the major issues that cause your city to die after you hit about 150k pop. The whole services stop working and such.

Does anyone still play this? I'm curious if they've actually fixed the major issues that cause your city to die after you hit about 150k pop. The whole services stop working and such.

Much of it has been fixed. It's playable now, but I've personally been playing other games.

I gave up after the first 2 weeks and haven't been back.

All 200 people who want to play this on a Mac will be heartbroken they have to wait longer...

This will be under $20 before we know it, what I don't know is if it will be playable by then

"SimCity for Mac Delayed Until August"

As a pc gamer to all you MAC people...you welcome! :D

Back