Clean Your Damn Computer!

Please tell me that rig was taken out into the field for work purposes—hopefully a construction site, gravel pit, or the like.

Lesson: don't use your desktop as a canister vacuum no matter how high the fan air flow.

That's a good waste of a couple WD Enterprise drives. :/

Exhaling directly into your case after a drag does not stop your house from smelling like a dive bar.

Looks like a smokers PC, the tar buildup is a bitch to clean, I had to do clean job on one of these, many wet wipes were sacrificed.

You guys must have high standards, I wish I got computers that clean to work on...I mean, there's some dust sure, but this case must have had some decent filters because there doesn't look to be longer clump-forming hair or fibers. You can also see it wipes clean with just a finger, so it's not like some of the smoker-owned PCs I've seen, where the dust is fused to every surface thanks to years of vapor tar deposition. Smoking cat owners should be banned from owning computers.

Most PC's I clean I just throw my industrial compressor at it and it's 99% clean after the first couple of shots. Smokers are just a different kind of hell, the smell alone fuck that.

Most PC's I clean I just throw my industrial compressor at it and it's 99% clean after the first couple of shots. Smokers are just a different kind of hell, the smell alone fuck that.

Citrus oil takes care of the flat surfaces in those instances, still wouldn't know what to do with the filth embedded on the PCB's.

120mmdust.jpg

I peeled that off my heatsink at one point.

Looks like cigarette dust buildup.

Nah that's dirt dust, if that was cigarette dust, it wouldn't come off clean like that I have seen far too many smokers systems where the dust has been laced with tar, it doesn't come out without a good PCB cleaning spray, or non conducting foam cleaner.

I'm scared to see what the inside of my server is going to look like when I finally do a shut down to clean it. Been doing lot of construction in my basement. Will be even worse when I start building the server room. Especially the drywall. :eek:

I had to turn off F@H since I was getting temperature alarms.

My upstairs workstation gets bad too... damn cat sleeps on it. LOL.

I didn't know SATA drives had been around long enough to get that dirty! I've seen TV shows about archaeologists exploring ancient tombs that were cleaner.

It is a client machine in for service.

Less then 2 years ago it was new !

-Temporalwar

I live across the river from some factory that spews out nasty soot crap. My computer looks like that after 6 months.. And the dust is really superfine heavy crap... Just makes me wonder what it's doing to my lungs.

Pollution sucks.

It's rigs like that, that make me wish I could just dunk the entire thing into some kind of chemical vat that would clean that all away.

Good clean dust is so much better than having to deal with nicotine and roaches.
This is the kind of crap you get to find eventually.
Link

Back