Former Prey 2 Dev Speaks Out On 'Lies' About Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like some of the people that actually worked on Prey 2 aren't too happy about the rumors currently floating around about the game.

"Prey 2 was a full game. And a crazy fun one," said Blair, who now works on Saints Row 4 at Volition. "The team was small but you wouldn't have known it. What happened to Prey 2, from where I sat, was political. And petty... Human Head had a great game.

From the demos that I saw Prey 2 looked pretty bad ass and I was looking forward to it. Hopefully Arkane will do justice to the original creators vision and we will get a good game.

From the comments on that (emphasis mine):

Damn. : rtricoche
wait, so what exactly is the lie that he's attacking? : Sapiens
That the game Human Head had was only a demo. : Keefinator
And this is how you make another Duke Nukem Forever. : Draingored
bethesa are kinda known to be assholes to work with, just ask inxile,obsidian, splash damage or id employ... : Hoax

ZeniMax is a bunch of very wealthy assholes.

Everyone is asking the wrong freaking question. Publishers don't can fully developed products without a damn good reason, why the hell should they? Its a product ready to be cashed in on. The question everyone should be asking is what problem did Bethesda have with this game? So much so to stop its publication and push it to a new developer. A new developer means more work done on the game, that means more financial resources that the Publisher has to shell out, more of that means less profit on the back end, so they have to be confident in the product to some degree to continue work on it. So what were the issues that Bethesda had? That is the question.

The rumor through the grapevine was that Bethesda offered to buy Human Head. When they refused, Bethesda sort of quit funding the project in (I guess) an attempt to strong arm them into agreeing.

From the demo I saw,it looked like a promising game. Supposedly it was to be an open world,non-linear game,if they turn it into just another linear shooter they can shove it.

The rumor through the grapevine was that Bethesda offered to buy Human Head. When they refused, Bethesda sort of quit funding the project in (I guess) an attempt to strong arm them into agreeing.

Knowing their business practices, I can see that being the case.

This makes me sad. I believe it.

Back