Grumpy Cat Gets Movie Deal

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This is just wrong on so many levels and is a gross misuse of Internet memes.:D You’ve seen him everywhere on the Internet and now, the iconic Grumpy Cat is getting his very own movie. Life isn’t fair but who knows, this could be Oscar material. :D

The unnamed Grumpy Cat project is described as a "Garfield-style feature film," referring either to the oft-remixed comic or the terrifying live-action adaptation, and Grumpy Cat will apparently be given "the power of speech."

Digusts me how much the family is probably going to get paid for this, on top of what they're already getting from the "merchandise" they sell on their website.

They are photos are crap, btw.

It's official, this planet is doomed. :(
1166398973.jpg

Apparently the cat's original name was retard, but after it got popular, the family made up some bullshit story about it being named after tartar sauce.

Right...

Todd Garner, who has worked as an executive producer on films like Vin Diesel's xXx and Adam Sandler vehicle Anger Management.

i think they've covered all the bases to make an abysmal fail.

Grumpy cat's movie couldn't be much worse than most of the crap out there these days.

Michael Bay and JJ Abrams should collaborate on this one. Think about how grumpy all of the explosions (now with lens flairs) would make the cat.

And M. Night Shyamalan needs to write the script.

The movie's title was released...

The Grumpy Cat: Death of a Meme

Digusts me how much the family is probably going to get paid for this, on top of what they're already getting from the "merchandise" they sell on their website.

They are photos are crap, btw.
Why, because it's not you? :rolleyes: You and I both know we'd take the money if we had a cute pet to exploit. I applaud the pet owners that were able to capitalize on their pet's 15 minutes of fame...it shows intelligence and resourcefulness.

Hollywood on the other hand....:confused:

So this is pretty much the next Garfield movie. I wonder if they'll get Bill Murray to voice him.

If it actually gets made, I'm sure it will be terrible. I like Grumpy Cat, but it's starting to lose steam and recycle some stuff. Not that this has stopped Garfield...

Star Trek was defiantly not as good as the first one. FnF6 was a good movie. So this really isn't a shocker.

I don't know why the new Star Trek needed to be defiant. It could have humbly accepted the fact that it wasn't particularly good.

I don't know why the new Star Trek needed to be defiant. It could have humbly accepted the fact that it wasn't particularly good.

It's just the pendulum righting itself. The "odd and even" Star Trek movie rule got reversed for the reboots.

What did you not like about it? Everyone has their own opinions obviously (don't give spoilers if it can be helped, obviously), but I think the majority rather liked the second installment according to some review sites I've seen.

Cats are only good for one thing, testing your brakes.

You brake for cats?!

I wouldn't watch this movie, but I'm sure it won't do too bad. Kudo's for the family for monetizing their pet. Smart people to just take the money when they have a chance from stupid people jerking off to a cat....

What did you not like about it? Everyone has their own opinions obviously (don't give spoilers if it can be helped, obviously), but I think the majority rather liked the second installment according to some review sites I've seen.

Personally, I loved it. Only downside for me was there were too many throwbacks to The Wrath of Khan. Not bad, and good for nostalgia, but it threw me off (If he screams KKKHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNN, I'll be pissed.... Shit. He did it. :mad:). Other than that, it was a great movie. Most of the Star Trek movies aren't those that get you thinking, and have you walk out pondering life questions. They are for entertainment. I left very entertained and thought the high ticket prices and overpriced popcorn was well worth it. Kids loved it, too.

Of course, I'm not a die hard trekkie, but I'm not a non-trekkie, either. I don't have the Star Fleet uniform (yet), but I do have a few Trekkie t-shirts.

Too much Transformers, not enough Star Trek.

Too much Transformers, not enough Star Trek.

That's almost all movies now days. Hollywood is so caught up in special effects. Don't get me wrong, those special effects are outstanding right now, but they lose focus on the story.

Personally, I loved it. Only downside for me was there were too many throwbacks to The Wrath of Khan. Not bad, and good for nostalgia, but it threw me off (If he screams KKKHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNN, I'll be pissed.... Shit. He did it. :mad:). Other than that, it was a great movie. Most of the Star Trek movies aren't those that get you thinking, and have you walk out pondering life questions. They are for entertainment. I left very entertained and thought the high ticket prices and overpriced popcorn was well worth it. Kids loved it, too.

Of course, I'm not a die hard trekkie, but I'm not a non-trekkie, either. I don't have the Star Fleet uniform (yet), but I do have a few Trekkie t-shirts.

That would be me too. I really like the Star Trek series, but I'm not a die hard. While it's nice to watch a reboot with modern technology to make it look more realistic, it's concerning Hollywood can't come up with any original anymore. Everything is a reboot or based on fads, like Grumpy Cat.

I rather liked both of the new Star Trek movies, leaning to the second. It wasn't going to be hard to be good though when it was shadowing the first Khan. To me, though, the friendship between Spock and Kirk feels more forced this time around though; more in your face. I did not like that aspect though.

Gross misuse of internet memes? What's that all about?

I think this is great. Next step is to get the inventor of nyan cat hired to make a full feature film.

Back