Sonic Lost Worlds Trailer Released

From the looks of things they could have just called it "Super Sonic Galaxy (Totally not Mario Galaxy)" and called it a day. I might just be getting old but I swear the last good Sonic games were on the Dreamcast, and the best were on the Genesis.

Sonic games went downhill in a huge way when they tried to make them 3D. Sonic 3D Blast was the start, and things just got worse from there.

Could do without the shitty house music but that was pretty awesome!

From the looks of things they could have just called it "Super Sonic Galaxy (Totally not Mario Galaxy)" and called it a day. I might just be getting old but I swear the last good Sonic games were on the Dreamcast, and the best were on the Genesis.

And you would be wrong. Sonic colors (wii) sonic generations were excellent games. This game looks based off a old canceled sega saturn game called sonic extreme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wzvS_beXtXk#!

What?
What is this?
Am I really seeing what looks to be a good Sonic game?
I am concerned about the camera angles

Really gonna hurt sales being on Nintendo only though. Wii U flopped and once the nostalga wore off, Wii was trade in bait.

I'm the biggest Nintendo fanboy but don't have a Wii U yet, this might push me over the edge, looks fantastic. (I'd get one eventually for HD remakes anyway:p)

Sonic Xtreme.. must find and play..

Exclusively on Nintendo consoles? I see a MASSIVE failure of this game to coincide with the lack of Wii Us sold. Too bad hedgehogs don't flee a sinking ship too.

Exclusively on Nintendo consoles? I see a MASSIVE failure of this game to coincide with the lack of Wii Us sold. Too bad hedgehogs don't flee a sinking ship too.

Wii U is actually picking up a lot of steam lately, and it's a chicken or the egg scenario: if there are no games, who's going to buy the console, and if there are no consoles sold, who's going to make games? I'm glad the developers are breaking the stalemate ;) I've enjoyed my Wii U so far but it needs more titles which seem to be coming over the next months.

Sounds like there are leaked roms floating around.. Found the one supposedly running on the nights engine.. Don't think its the one from the video though.

Sonic games went downhill in a huge way when they tried to make them 3D. Sonic 3D Blast was the start, and things just got worse from there.

Yeah, the sonic world itself is just not conducive to 3d. Or perhaps I should say sonic himself isnt. He's a hedgehog with one move, jump. It's just not interesting putting him in a world where he can move in all directions. You get these zany levels which look like they might be fun just due to the frantic nature of it all, but it doesnt gracefully bring him into 3d the way Mario 64 did for Mario's world. Even then if you look at it, Mario's entry into 3d didnt make much sense. Items and bad guys are scattered around everywhere, hills and ramps and bridges are randomly strewn about. Point B only exists as a reason to get there from Point A. But Nintendo still somehow made it work. You still sorta felt like this was Mario's universe. Sonic on the other hand lives in total chaos, his world is pure hell.

Really gonna hurt sales being on Nintendo only though. Wii U flopped and once the nostalga wore off, Wii was trade in bait.

Not going to happen. Look at the 3ds, no games at launch, but look at where it's at now. I picked up the 3ds when it went on sale and the game library now is just insane. It hasn't been a year yet and it wouldn't be wise to count them out. You won't truly know until the holiday season and they have a good library under their belt.

Actually Wii U sales tripled after the Xbox One was unvieled.

Mario's entry into 3d didnt make much sense.
I kinda felt the same way when Mario 64 came out - I just didn't like it all that much. Replaying it now though, I must admit they did a good job with the camera and movement - which is really what plagued the 3d sonic games IMO... it's just too fast with far too limited a range and control. At least with this one it looks like they are also providing 2d elements, and the 3d levels aren't too restricted and more open then previous titles...

we'll see.... and for the love of god make the music somewhat bearable... that was a HUGE turn off with some previous games, and in one game you couldn't even adjust the levels the music so was annoying and loud and you couldn't hear the voice-overs (no option for subtitles) or almost anything else... still can't believe that game made it past QA, god it was so rubbish (can't remember the name, nor do I care to look it up, lol)

Sonic 1 & 2 are pretty frickin awesome though, I must say

I kinda felt the same way when Mario 64 came out - I just didn't like it all that much. Replaying it now though, I must admit they did a good job with the camera and movement - which is really what plagued the 3d sonic games IMO... it's just too fast with far too limited a range and control. At least with this one it looks like they are also providing 2d elements, and the 3d levels aren't too restricted and more open then previous titles...

we'll see.... and for the love of god make the music somewhat bearable... that was a HUGE turn off with some previous games, and in one game you couldn't even adjust the levels the music so was annoying and loud and you couldn't hear the voice-overs (no option for subtitles) or almost anything else... still can't believe that game made it past QA, god it was so rubbish (can't remember the name, nor do I care to look it up, lol)

Sonic 1 & 2 are pretty frickin awesome though, I must say

While I personally enjoyed Mario 64, I always felt the levels were too small and didn't really give you much of a chance to really explore. They did get everything right that 3D sonic games never did, though.

While this 3D Sonic game looks like it might actually take the 2D sonic gameplay and have it make sense in 3D, I felt that, since SEGA seemed to be moving away from the old abstract level design, that they might try for something more open world. I would have throught that a large city to speed through, with traffic and people wandering about would have made a really fun Sonic game, especially if you had the ability to run up verticle buildings as long as you maintain a high speed, or reach out and grab onto a traffic sign to help turn around a corner or something. It always felt like they stopped developing ideas before they got good and tried too hard to make "levels" instead of a setting.

I would have throught that a large city to speed through, with traffic and people wandering about would have made a really fun Sonic game, especially if you had the ability to run up verticle buildings as long as you maintain a high speed, or reach out and grab onto a traffic sign to help turn around a corner or something.
You just described the most recent 3d sonic game I tried but hated... I even think you were able to spin on traffic poles like you imagined... lol, maybe you played it once long ago and forget because it was so bad :p

looked it up, was sonic adventure 2... oh god
Sonic-Adventure-2-HD-3.png

I don't know.... I'm going to pick up a Wii-U after they announce the price drop at E3 (hopefully). If no price drop, I'll still get it. Just want to save a few bucks, really. A lot of really good games coming out soon. I can deal with the controller, and I'll pick up the Classic Pro controller. It's all about the games, and they are starting to pick up and get some good ones.

Sonic games are weird. Those that lived through the SMS/Genesis versions don't like the new ones as much, but the younger crowd love the new ones.... Nostalgia? 3D vs. 2D? I don't know.

You just described the most recent 3d sonic game I tried but hated... I even think you were able to spin on traffic poles like you imagined... lol, maybe you played it once long ago and forget because it was so bad :p

looked it up, was sonic adventure 2... oh god
Sonic-Adventure-2-HD-3.png

I played it too, and I liked it ok, but I'm talking about a fully non-linear city with more realism. They're obsessed with linear levels and I think that's what's really killing them.

I don't know.... I'm going to pick up a Wii-U after they announce the price drop at E3 (hopefully). If no price drop, I'll still get it. Just want to save a few bucks, really. A lot of really good games coming out soon. I can deal with the controller, and I'll pick up the Classic Pro controller. It's all about the games, and they are starting to pick up and get some good ones.

Sonic games are weird. Those that lived through the SMS/Genesis versions don't like the new ones as much, but the younger crowd love the new ones.... Nostalgia? 3D vs. 2D? I don't know.

Honestly, the tablet controller isn't nearly as distracting as people make it out to be. The system just really needs the games. Anyone who picks up an Xbox One at launch will probably understand what I mean.

Honestly, the tablet controller isn't nearly as distracting as people make it out to be. The system just really needs the games. Anyone who picks up an Xbox One at launch will probably understand what I mean.

It's just the size.... Didn't care much for the Jaguar controller nor the first style of Xbox controller. The tablet controller for Wii U seems large and not very ergonomic as a controller... I have no first hand experience, other than the display at Walmart, so I am judging on appearance. But, it's not the reason I've been holding off....

It's just the size.... Didn't care much for the Jaguar controller nor the first style of Xbox controller. The tablet controller for Wii U seems large and not very ergonomic as a controller... I have no first hand experience, other than the display at Walmart, so I am judging on appearance. But, it's not the reason I've been holding off....

I don't even really bother with the other controllers if I can help it. The Wii U controller is surprisingly comfortable. The buttons are where you'd need them, and the back is shaped very well for your fingers.

I'm willing to bet you've been holding off because of the games. Well, that's a good reason. Most of the launch titles were available elsewhere, and the ones that were unique weren't too interesting. Nintendo Land is fun, but lacks much in the way of progression for a single player, and ZombiU isn't all that great (Although the multiplayer is awesome), but it would be good for $20.

The virtual console is nice, but that's not why you get a new console. The unique games should be really rolling in by the end of the year, with Pikmin 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (they fixed the boss fights, so I'll count it as unique god dammit), Wonderful 101 and a number of others.

Back