Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3/fx-6350 simply will not allow overclocking

ITSTHINKING

[H]ard|Gawd
I had to post this here as well as you guys tend to help me a bit faster with things, and also are pretty knowledgeable.

I'm at a complete loss. This motherboard has been nice to me so far but I decided to try my hand at overclocking a little since i've seen other users of this board have some success. When I go into the bios and try to change any of the frequency's from auto nothing happens, i have updated my bios, changed mice, changed from usb to ps2 mouse, keyboard and nothing. I can click on the cool and quiet settings and change that, I can turn off and on the extreme performance setting for the ram, I can turn turbo on and off. But when I click on anything having to do with frequency changes literally nothing happens as if i never clicked on it at all. Any ideas? I'm at a total loss here. I wish I could use the old school bios and not this uefi bullcrap, but that's just a minor gripe, it's probably not related to the issue.

can you just use the keyboard? My only uefi board I can use either keyboard or mouse.

really shouldn't be messing with frequencies anyways, just the multiplier, but if you can't change the cpu settings I suppose it doesn't matter.

i tried both. keyboard and mouse, neither work it's strange i've clicked on the multiplier setting where there is a button that says auto. I should be able to click on it and change it, but when i do nothing happens. The multiplier does change the frequencies, i just meant literally anything that would allow me to have a change in mhz isn't happening. Very frustrated.

well you can use amd overdrive to set the clocks from within windows, that should at least get you tinkering.

i f*cking hate these new fancy looking bios screens. i got it figured out i had to click once where it said auto then hit the plus and minus keys on the numpad. ffs. thanks though your only mess with the multiplyer thing got me thinking.

What is your Windows experience rating with this thing I heard it just gets 7.5
but a fx 8350 gets 7.8

I honestly don't care much about the windows experience score (not to be rude I just don't). I don't know what it was @ stock because i only just now ran it to answer your question, I'm @ 4.8 ghz and the processor rating is 7.6

Back