Motorola Shows Off Tattoo and Swallowable Password

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Motorola is developing new password technology that can be described as simple, functional, unforgettable, weird and creepy all at the same time. In the quest to shave off several seconds each time a user has to sign on their devices, Motorola has introduced two methods of quick and identifiable password protocol: getting a tattoo or swallowing an electronic pill.

The industry is still stuck with the same login technology that it has used for 40 years, she said, and Motorola has the answer – or at least the partners to provide it.

Password of the future will be a combination of voice, face, and skeletal recognition.

The Kinect already has a primitive version of something like this.

Just like the password of the future was your finger print, retina or voice recognition.. yep, that went over well.

People still use keys to unlock locks. Who's trying to reinvent that wheel?

and when someone REALLY wants access to your files/bank account/etc -- they just chop of your skin or forcibly extract this little pill?

The reason the good old "password" still works is because it's simple and just plain works. If everything was done with fingerprints and retina scans... we'd see many more people getting mutilated for a few hundred dollars by thugs.

and when someone REALLY wants access to your files/bank account/etc -- they just chop of your skin or forcibly extract this little pill?

The reason the good old "password" still works is because it's simple and just plain works. If everything was done with fingerprints and retina scans... we'd see many more people getting mutilated for a few hundred dollars by thugs.

I want to see the movie first and then make an informed opinion about this :)

Biometrics will never replace abstract information for security. The reason being, you have one set of biometric data. As soon as an individual can emulate you, you lose the ability to secure *anything*. Abstract and changeable authentication mechanisms, once compromised, are easily changed.

Good luck changing your biometric info.

They have got to be out of their motherfucking minds. I hope the FDA reams them for the pill "idea."

And if I was a head honcho at Google and the Motorola people came telling me they were planning to tattoo and drug users, I'd fire them all immediately for gross stupidity. Might sell some options and hire a drifter to kill them for good measure.

I want to see the movie first and then make an informed opinion about this :)

youtube mythbusters about lifting fingerprints. If a group of people playing around for a week can figure it out, I don't care what you do to proof it, it can be cracked.

On anything the passwords that's stored except your memory can be compromised easily....

...but when it comes to somebody with Alzheimer's, that's another story.

How is it that technically gifted people can be so mentally retarded?

I mean, what kind of state do you have to be in to sit there and come to the conclusion that taking two seconds to enter a password is a global crisis and must be met with extreme measures such as a body manipulation?

Countdown until the christians are decrying this as the "Mark of the Beast" in 3...2...1...

Back