Euclideon (Unlimited Detail Technology) Status Update...

Awesome, they aren't dead. Now if they could get a game engine done, that would be amazing.

Seems like they made a good choice. This kind of technology isn't really ready for gaming yet.

Cool tech, but the video guy's voice is uber annoying (especially his pronunciation of dAta)

Hmm... I can see either Bing or Google picking up on this technology for their map systems.

How google hasn't bought this already, i mean seriously, this could be worth billions.

The problem with "Euclideon Island" is that it was a pile of cloned data. And that's why nobody was impressed. Their "trillions" of points was far less. Just because you have an object with the recount ramped up does not mean you have refcount number of objects resident.

This looks a bit more interesting. Edit: a lot more interesting. Big data is a cool space to work in and at first glance it looks like these guys have a cool solution to big visualization.

Last edited:
The stuff they show is interesting, I'd like to see what can be done with it on a consumer level, but they really need to get someone new to narrate these videos. Cause he has one of the most grating voices/accents I've ever heard.

I mean, I knew the initial tech demo was basically a giant advertisement to the world " LOOK, THIS TECH IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING, BUY US OUT!!!!", but I never expected it to actually produce something that looked good. And this looks good. Congrats to them. (But keep this away from gaming for another 5 years at least because that s*** isn't doing animations)

(But keep this away from gaming for another 5 years at least because that s*** isn't doing animations)
No kidding. "A Billion Points an hour" works out to 4629 points per frame (assuming 60FPS). That'd be enough for a face, perhaps, but nothing else.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, good shiz

When can we expect games from this engine?

So if this works the way i think it works, why not at least have ultra realistic game environments, hybrided in with standard game engines.

No kidding. "A Billion Points an hour" works out to 4629 points per frame (assuming 60FPS). That'd be enough for a face, perhaps, but nothing else.

That is the speed they can convert data to work on their system, it has nothing to do with rendering the image on screen.

So he says the act of loading is transfering stuff from the hard drive to ram, then goes to say the reason why they do it so efficiently is because they get the data directly from the hard drive... then says temporarily to ram... so it's the same shit.

Cool tech, but the video guy's voice is uber annoying (especially his pronunciation of dAta)

Both pronunciations are correct. Day-ta and Dah-ta, depending on what part of the world you're in. They're in Australia and judging by some of the data names, it was near New Zealand which heavily uses the dah-ta pronunciation.

:)

This looks like a great use for their tech. I don't think it was anywhere close to being good for gaming.

Its good to see these guys going strong. Especially with all the nay-Sayers. Don't get me wrong.. i'm ALWAYS skeptical of "we can do it all-ers" that show iffy video's and then disapear never to be heard from again. But these guys have put a lot of work in it seems. Great stuff.

Now when can i get this for use with my 3D scanner? Because that thing makes many points like a boss! :p

So he says the act of loading is transfering stuff from the hard drive to ram, then goes to say the reason why they do it so efficiently is because they get the data directly from the hard drive... then says temporarily to ram... so it's the same shit.

hahaha yeah i noticed that too. got quite the laugh from it.

If anyone can do it, Carmack can. (I'm carmack fanboi)

very Cool tech.

I think Carmack spoke on the topic a while back and wasn't very impressing. Then again, his recent gaming work wasn't very impressing either.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

although ... he is the slowest dev ever, I still have my recipt where I pre-ordered Doom 3 3years in advance haha

I think Carmack spoke on the topic a while back and wasn't very impressing. Then again, his recent gaming work wasn't very impressing either.
Gaming sure, engine/technical ability Carmack is still probably one of the better guys out there.

Originally Posted by sfsuphysics View Post

Either you don't quite understand how a PC works or your nitpicking words. You can't load graphics from a hard drive directly onto the screen. You need to load it into the frame buffer before it can be displayed. So, when he says it goes to memory it using the RAM to display the graphics not for its performance attributes.

Well this is timely! I was thinking about that article from a while back just yesterday and wondering what the latest was.

well, it's not that hard to arrange data so it loads in less than a second for a demo. the question is if it works with jumping anywhere and not just to points they wanted to show for the demonstration. also, they should get rid of the "unlimited" thing. unlimited is impossible because it needs unlimited memory no matter how efficient a search algorithm is.

it still looks like a scam and i hope they finally release something that works in real-world scenarios and not in a demo sandbox. does anyone know any company that supposedly is part of their global network of customers?

well, it's not that hard to arrange data so it loads in less than a second for a demo. the question is if it works with jumping anywhere and not just to points they wanted to show for the demonstration. also, they should get rid of the "unlimited" thing. unlimited is impossible because it needs unlimited memory no matter how efficient a search algorithm is.

it still looks like a scam and i hope they finally release something that works in real-world scenarios and not in a demo sandbox. does anyone know any company that supposedly is part of their global network of customers?

So we can expect your properly working no-scam version when exactly?

Back