ASUS Launches the GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today launched the GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II OC graphics card, featuring the 28nm NVIDIA® GTX 770 GPU with 1536 CUDA cores and 2GB GDDR5 memory. The boost core clock scales to an incredible 1110MHz while the video memory runs at a blistering 7010MHz frequency. The ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II OC delivers superb performance in the latest DirectX® 11 gaming titles and is ready for the next generation of PC games and multimedia titles. ASUS exclusive DirectCU II cooling technology, DIGI+ VRM power delivery and GPU Tweak graphics tuning offer improved cooling, stability and performance compared to reference card designs.

Oh boy! Hopefully this line will work out better than the GTX 670 DirectCU II OC that I bought on launch and that wouldn't even run at stock clocks without artifacting. I loved how quiet it was, but that experience soured me on ASUS products, especially any of them that sell at a premium. It should have never made it past QC and out the door.

How its launched so fast the non-reference edition? O.O... I'd still waiting to see a EVGA 770-780 FTW to move from my 660TI SLI to a 770 or 780 SLI..

How its launched so fast the non-reference edition? O.O... I'd still waiting to see a EVGA 770-780 FTW to move from my 660TI SLI to a 770 or 780 SLI..

Because it's basically a GTX 680 overclocked and higher quality VRAM. They've done the design ages ago.

It's a great card for anyone who don't need the fastest card money can buy. My GTX 680 handles everything fine on a single monitor (with the exception of Metro, can't max everything with this one). And I think the DCU2 cooler is worth the 3 slots it takes up, stays silent even when I'm gaming.

Though this one looks like it's only 2 slot, so don't quote me on that. :p

On the 670 the DirectCu2 took up two slots, for the 680 it took up three. It would make sense that the 770 took up two slots and when they release the 780 it will take up three, if they are keeping with the design trends of the last generation.

There are no "reference" 770s available per se, so the non-reference had to be ready for launch. It's safe to say the 780's are all done too, but they have a certain period of time where only the reference cards are being sold (and a limited amount) before being able to transition to them.

Back