ASUS Z87 SupremeFX Teaser Image

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS shared a new teaser image with us today that hints at some of the new features of its upcoming Z87 boards. What does the company have in store of us? I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out. :cool:

Sorry, but the skeptic in me is willing to bet a 6-pack of good beer that underneath the "SupremeFX" "stainless steel cover" (sticker) is a Realtek 8XX audio chip...combined with a Windows Media Player plugin.

Headphone amp is nice I suppose...but let's be serious...anyone needing or wanting a headphone amp is probably not going to ever use onboard audio.

@Steve, when you get one of these boards to review *please* take that sticker off and look underneath if at all possible. IIRC the last few "SupremeFX" chip reviews [H] didn't do that...and hid the Realtek audio chip underneath

Not interested unless it has a fully discreet headphone amp. I don't want a tarted up IC amp by TI or something.

BTW the audio chip doesnt really matter... frankly for good audio its the DAC's and the Analog path that makes the difference.

Yes, please remove the fake EMI sheild off the top when you review these motherboards. I want to know what cheap-ass codec is hiding under there!

I hate Creative Labs, but MS did us all a big disservice when they canned hardware audio in Windows. Now the market is filled with all these cheap nasty codec chips, surrounded by voodoo and "audio grade" capacitors, selling for totally crazy money.

Back