iPhones Now Ruining Sports?

HardOCP News

[H] News
If people holding up their iPhones to take pictures during sporting events annoys you , wait until the players start doing it. What kind of jackass has an iPhone in his pocket during a match at the French Open? Maybe basketball, football and baseball players can start taking selfies during the game too. :rolleyes:

Extra cool points for Sergiy Stakhovsky, the Ukrainian tennis player who on Monday found an inventive and high-tech new way to argue a call — he pulled out his iPhone to snap a pic of a disputed ball mark in his first-round match against Richard Gasquet.

I wonder if this would have been news if he pulled out a Blackberry or Android or (lol) windows phone and snapped a pic

I wonder if this would have been news if he pulled out a Blackberry or Android or (lol) windows phone and snapped a pic

i know.. this BS is making me not want to come to this site more and more..

Of course [H] wouldn't have covered it, if it doesn't show Apple in a negative light, why run it? If it bleeds it leads, the cornerstone of journalism

i know.. this BS is making me not want to come to this site more and more..

well news in general, not just here i think anyone here is aware of the anti apple majority lol :D

More of a sign as to how ubiquitous smartphones have become ... this is more of an artifact of judge driven sports ... whether he used an iphone or a Galaxy or a Nexus, the smartphone provides him a convenient way to document something he wishes to dispute ... given the money associated with tennis rankings it is not that surprising ... not much different than people that turn on their damn smartphone videos during every police stop now ;)

Well, at least in football, basketball, handball, and most other sports don't have pockets on their shorts. Imagine running like crazy for 90 minutes with a piece of glass in your pocket hah

Last I checked pro tennis already has digital cameras in place to read the markings on the lines so...

:rolleyes:

just about every sport has been marred by cameras and 101 replay angles, slow motion... wouldn't want to be a referee anymore, has really taken away from the sport having to review everything over and over anyways

granted more replays, more delays, more commercials, more revenue

It'd be nice if Android phones would take mobile optics a bit more seriously. Probably my only (little) complaint about the state of Android hardware. My friend's Nexus 4 is produces a sad, soft images. Not like he uses it for legitimate shooting anyway, but it is something to consider.

just about every sport has been marred by cameras and 101 replay angles, slow motion...

Not that any of this matters in football, though. It's all about who paid the referee. Even in F1 we see crazy decisions with the all info they have - 100s of cameras, telemetry, etc.

Last I checked pro tennis already has digital cameras in place to read the markings on the lines so...

:rolleyes:

not at the french open...

not sure if its a general clay court thing...but i know they have it at the other 3 grand slam events

not at the french open...

not sure if its a general clay court thing...but i know they have it at the other 3 grand slam events

yeah the french open is the only tourny still not using any cameras, they make the call and thats it.

leave it to the god damn french -_-

yeah the french open is the only tourny still not using any cameras, they make the call and thats it.

leave it to the god damn french -_-

The argument being there is no need with the marks in the Clay.

This player clearly agreed the marks in the clay are good enough.

If the French need laser pointers they just need to get on ebay an order some.

Marks on the clay... gotta be kidding me.

:rolleyes::D

just about every sport has been marred by cameras and 101 replay angles, slow motion... wouldn't want to be a referee anymore, has really taken away from the sport having to review everything over and over anyways

I guess you've never seen anyone ridiculously blow a call. :rolleyes:

What would REALLY be cool is if they could eliminate the refs altogether and use software to analyze the 101 replay angles in real time to make the call instantly. It would be like refs, but without the blindness!

What a n00b. He should have been carrying around a self-built, overclocked PC in his back pocket.

If people holding up their iPhones to take pictures during sporting events annoys you , wait until the players start doing it. What kind of jackass has an iPhone in his pocket during a match at the French Open? Maybe basketball, football and baseball players can start taking selfies during the game too. :rolleyes:

Lame (your post that is). Is this a selfie? No. Is it a picture o the crowd? No. Is it relevant to the game? Yes. Did he have the phone in his pocket? Based on what I've read, probably not. Oh wait, you didn't bother to look at more than one article to see what actually happened? Typical.

Sports are such a waste of global resources. From fuel to electrical power to the time people spend talking about how "my team lost because we couldn't get our hands on the ball as much as those other guys were getting to touch the ball." Tennis is super silly because its hard to see what's going on and not even most obese men in team jeserys care what call you make because they're too busy idolizing some other fat guy currently laying under a huge pile of sweaty men who all want to grab his ball so they can be at the bottom and desired by the other team instead.

Sports are such a waste of global resources. From fuel to electrical power to the time people spend talking about how "my team lost because we couldn't get our hands on the ball as much as those other guys were getting to touch the ball." Tennis is super silly because its hard to see what's going on and not even most obese men in team jeserys care what call you make because they're too busy idolizing some other fat guy currently laying under a huge pile of sweaty men who all want to grab his ball so they can be at the bottom and desired by the other team instead.

Sounds like you're referring to football...your man-card has been revoked sir. :eek:
Sorry but when you can benchpress 400-500 pounds easily maybe you'll learn to appreciate the strength of those "fat guy(s)".

Back