Sim City $32 at GMG

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Says it's a weekend deal so I'm sure it ends at some point today. Seems like an OK deal for anyone who's wanting but not willing to drop the $60 asking price.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/simcity-deals/

Game is 33% off which makes it $39.99. Use coupon code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ to take off an additional 20%, brings the total to $32 even.

I kinda wanna slap you for even posting this.:)

To each his own, but i won't be supporting this shit.

Peace!

Meh, call me when it's under $20
I'm aiming for sub $5.

To be honest, my favorite games released in the last calendar year have been under $15. Going by that scale, I'd look at $5 for SC2013 as probably being too generous.

Peace!

I figured there were people out there who wanted to play but were waiting for a reasonable price. Knowing EA, it'll be a long time before it's at the ~$10 mark.

I really wanted this game, long before it came out, but I held off. I finally figured what the hell, it's only $30. I just played for the past 2 hours without a single hiccup.Can't complain, really. I wish it weren't always online, but when it comes down to it I don't expect it to really affect me.

People are still talking about this? I haven't seen any SimCity news for weeks.

Peace!

Probably because your opinion doesn't mean the game isn't on sale.

Didn't this win EA's title of "Worst Company Of The Year" ?

about $25 too high still.

After a few more patches and the price drop then I might re-buy. I was one of the ones who was HAPPY to fork over 60 dollars... till I realized after about 8 hours how much the entire game sucked. Luckily I was able to get my money back.

Amazon is selling Sim City 4 Deluxe if anyone is interested in this sort of game but doesnt want to pay $32 for the current version.

Amazon is selling Sim City 4 Deluxe if anyone is interested in this sort of game but doesnt want to pay $32 for the current version.
Selling SimCity4 for a mere $5 according to slickdeals.

I prefer the new one, and haven't lost any cities or anything.

I got my copy of Sim City free with an AMD processor and I still want my money back.

Why do they continue to sell this if it so buggy??

It's the nature of the beast, and hardly a unique thing in gaming unfortunately. Sword of the Stars 2 was one I was interested in, but fuck that was buggy as all hell.

Was thinking about this since I have been an avid SimCity fan since the original. Can't bring myself to buy it with the online only play. Dunno...think I'll wait until the digital deluxe edition goes on sale for $5 to $10.

For those that do have this: how have the fixes/patches impacted the game? What predominant bugs are there? What big changes would you make to improve the game, if anything?

Was thinking about this since I have been an avid SimCity fan since the original. Can't bring myself to buy it with the online only play. Dunno...think I'll wait until the digital deluxe edition goes on sale for $5 to $10.

For those that do have this: how have the fixes/patches impacted the game? What predominant bugs are there? What big changes would you make to improve the game, if anything?

Game is beyond fixing. They need to change the traffic model back to the spreadsheet city, where sims would look for what they needed and just remember it once they found it. And they need to add more network pieces, and even if they did all that the cities are still too small. More like a new game than a fix.

Not hot IMO. Shitty game coupled with forcing you to use origin is fail.

I bought it from the Indian Origin store for $15 when it first came out, I'm not sure it was even worth the $15.

The sad part is, I still want to buy and play this game. But the more I see/read about it, the more it looks like it's an almost unfixable mess.

I like all the concepts and watched tons of videos (especially about city specialization) and it's right up my alley. But being broken, having to be connected all the time, Origin, having terrible inflated population numbers, having some specializations not work all the time or be completely unpredictable, etc have just made me stay away.

Simcity 4 or Simcity 3000 both provide a much better Simcity experience. Don't waste your money.

Back