Apple Removes Download Options from Quicktime Trailers Website

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have tried to download a trailer from the Quicktime website lately and wondered why it wasn’t possible, Apple has discontinued the option. Without announcing the upcoming action, Apple began phasing out the downloading options as of May 22nd.

So, while older trailers can still be downloaded from the site, Apple appears to be removing downloads from older trailers as newer trailers are added, slowly phasing out the availability of trailer downloads altogether.

I remember QuickTime being the defacto way to watch "quality" trailers back in the day (90s).

Now it's YouTube's HD option.

I remember QuickTime being the defacto way to watch "quality" trailers back in the day (90s).

Now it's YouTube's HD option.

Just what I was thinking. I don't think I've gone to Apple's site for a movie trailer since I was in high school.... 15+ years ago.

That being said I don't go to YouTube for movie trailers either. I get enough of them from TV commercials and "coming attractions" at the theater to never want to see another movie trailer again.

Connections were much slower, buffering took forever, and it would be annoying have to re-buffer to watch the trailer again/show someone else.

It just strikes me as odd that a trailer for a movie is that big of a deal. It's not like any of them accurately portray much about the film.

I still use Apple trailers every now and then, and I usually download them using quicktime alternative.

Apple iTunes? LOL .. iTunes software on your PC? Double LOL.

If so, you're doing it way wrong.

If you want the highest quality version of the trailer, Apple trailers is still the way to go.

If you want the highest quality version of the trailer, Apple trailers is still the way to go.

*Was*. Now that they've removed the 1080p option it's not so substantially better then Youtube to be worth visiting anymore.

I just went and looked and they did remove it from *most*, but not all of the trailers. I sat and watched one in the 720p and one in the full 1080p download and there is no comparison. A small windows that takes up less then half of my screen, or an option that takes a couple minutes to start, but let's me watch it full screen? Duh. I think Apple sucks for removing the download option. Wouldn't be so bad if they did a 1080p streaming option that would let you fullscreen it. The Apple trailer site used to be the best quality, but I guess I'll use YouTube for it now, since I can still fullscreen their HD trailers.

LOL...out of nowhere quicktime wanted to update. (Not going to happen on my PC).

Back