Thermaltake Non-Interference Cooler F4

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Pro-Clockers have the Thermaltake Non-Interference Cooler F4 in house for a little review action today.

Thermaltake’s newest CPU cooler consist of four cooler models for now and the line-up is called the NiC or Non-Interference Cooler series. The reason behind the name is that the coolers allow for the builder or end user to fill all of their motherboard DIMM slots. This is something that is often not possible with most coolers because of their massive size.

Non-interference that (by the pictures) interferes with the first expansion slot.

*golf-claps*

I think someone is in need of a good ophthalmologist.

I think if you used it on a board that actually has a slot in the first expantion slot position, you'd have a hell of a time getting the video card to not hit the HSF. The board they used in the review has nothing in the first position because of the heatsink.

Like a Gigabyte X79-UP4, for example, would have issues with this non-interference cooler.

I think if you used it on a board that actually has a slot in the first expantion slot position, you'd have a hell of a time getting the video card to not hit the HSF. The board they used in the review has nothing in the first position because of the heatsink.

Like a Gigabyte X79-UP4, for example, would have issues with this non-interference cooler.
It doesn't appear to extend past the heatsink on the mobo, though it is still a bit close to the PCIe slot.

It stops well short of the slot: http://pro-clockers.com/images/review/thermaltake/nic f4/f4_30.JPG
Plenty of room, even for GPUs that have a backplate.

Now if it's a passive GPU that has a full on heatsink strapped to the rear, that might be an issue.

The board they use has NO SLOT in the FIRST position.

The first slot on that board is in the second position.

I mean shit, look at the fucking case. There would be no room for a video card, much less one with a back plate.

Back