Yahoo Rumored Set to Buy Tumblr for $1.1 Billion

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer is a certified world class shopper and adding to her recent purchases is rumored to be Tumblr social networking site. Details are incomplete, but with a Board meeting on Sunday for financial approval and a planned product related event scheduled for Monday afternoon, the announcement of Tumblr’s acquisition is almost a slam dunk certainty at this point.

The company's board will meet Sunday to decide whether it will make a $1.1 billion all-cash offer for the site.

At this rate...how long will Yahoo continue to be around, despite no one using their services?

Didn't give a shit about Yahoo before Ms. Mayer's time, still don't give a shit about Yahoo, 1 year later.

Has she really done anything revolutionary? I don't know anyone that even uses their email or homepage.

Mmm yeah. I'm gonna buy stuff like a big business person, whereas I should be looking at it as a company buying something and not my own little personal interests that flutter with the wind.

Yeah this. Where'd Yahoo even find that much cash? :confused: Someone's been hiding money in their sofa for a rainy day, I guess.

Because retards like myself are too lazy to switch to something better because we have so many other accounts linked to our yahoo account that it would be a headache to change it otherwise. Unfortunately, I would imagine Yahoo somehow generates revenue merely based on the fact they still have millions of people still using their email service...

Back