AMD Introduces the World’s Fastest Notebook Graphics Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today launched the AMD Radeon™ HD 8970M, the world’s fastest notebook graphics card. The AMD Radeon HD 8970M graphics processing unit (GPU) delivers the best mobile gaming experience imaginable to gamers, powered by AMD’s award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. “Today’s gaming notebooks need a graphics card that is fast, powerful and energy-efficient,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. “The AMD Radeon HD 8970M GPU is the perfect combination of technologies, blending performance, immersive features and an extensive battery life that delivers an unrivaled gaming experience, even on the go.”

I seen the new MSI GT70 offers this GPU now, but it's paired with an AMD A10-5750M. I was wondering how that GPU compared to other GPUs, not sure the CPU is going to be as good as Intel's mobile offerings, but I haven't seen any benchmarks or anything yet.

Anyone know of any?

now if they could integrate that into their A6, A8 and A10 APU, I'd be sold. I'm going to be in the market for a new APU and board for my media center computer to replace the aging Athlon 64 4200+ I have in there.

It's nothing more than a rebadged 7970M with a higher boost clock.

lol i love it... "nothing more" the 7970m is a beast for a laptop... id be glad to own one. especially if they can some how manage to fit it into slimmer laptops

Back