Spray paint interior of Antec 300

So I have an extra Antec 300 case that I am planning on putting a new system in but I dont like the bare metal look on the interior of the case. What would it take to spray paint the interior? Do I really need to sand prior to spraying? Also what paint do you guys recommend I use (krylon, rust-oleum, etc)?

I actually sprayed the inside of a gigabyte case recently. If it's never been painted before, you really don't need to sand it. Usually the finish on the inside metal has enough texture to let the paint bite onto. I used a flat black from Rustoleum. If it's been painted before or looks really shiney, then I'd hit it with a scotch brite pad.

BlackBefore.jpg
BlackAfter.jpg

Last edited:
Sanding isn't hard or excessively time consuming. I would recommend hitting it quick with some sand paper, for peace of mind and help insure paint not flaking. I painted my interior (didn't sand it) here we are 2+ years later and the paint is starting to flake ever so slightly

Sanding isn't hard or excessively time consuming. I would recommend hitting it quick with some sand paper, for peace of mind and help insure paint not flaking. I painted my interior (didn't sand it) here we are 2+ years later and the paint is starting to flake ever so slightly

Hi euchrestalin,

Evilviking is right, a lil sand paper action will take you a long way. Rustoleum oil based paint is great on metal. Just make sure you clean the surface before painting. Hit us up on facebook when you finish you're build, we would like to feature it on our facebook page :cool:

Antec Guy

Doesn't hurt to Sand the surface lightly with a fine grit sandpaper. Then use some sort of solvent to clean the metal and help the pain adhere better.

Here's a list of what will work. NOTE Some are very hazardous and flammable. Use with caution.

Denatured Alcohol
Xylene
Xylol
Acetone

There are safer solvents out there. Just cant think of the names at the moment. Also, if you do use solvents make sure the metal you are painting is wipe with a Wet White rag, then cleaned with a dry rag (even tho air drying will be fine). If you use flammable solvents, dispose of in a firepit instantly after using it, do not discard in normal trash.

Dude it looks like you already did the deed, however if you're looking for something black that you can always peel off if you don't like it?

Plasti-dip! Stuff works wonders and you can literally paint anything with it. Car wheels is what it's used mostly for but it was made for anything. Flat any color you like and will peel right off when you don't want it on anymore, leaving the finish underneath exactly as it started.

I'm telling you, god saw how cool flat black stuff looks and sent down Plasti-dip.

Back