Siri Tells Users: Get To The Point

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple has tweaked Siri's software so that it cuts you off when you are talking and asks you to get to the point. I guess that means you have one less reason to visit a Genius Bar. ;)

If you're the type of person who asks long-winded questions, Siri would like to change your ways. Apple's server-powered software assistant is now telling users to trim down questions that are too long or otherwise complicated -- a move that iLounge suggests is to retrain how users interact with the service versus an actual human being.

I guess that's what happens when you don't know a damn thing about technology.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea... when you start asking long questions, it takes much longer to get back to you--thus making the service look bad.

After reading this, it reminded me Raj in The Big Bang Theory and his "relation" with Siri :D

Siri, why do you always cut me off when I'm in the middle of asking you an important question with the future of the world, if not the whole universe, hanging in the balance of your carefully tailored answer?

Might be worth something if Siri wasn't fucking useless to begin with. I can't even get it to play half the music on my phone. It will literally spell the name of the thing I'm asking about on the screen, and then say it can't find it.

After reading this, it reminded me Raj in The Big Bang Theory and his "relation" with Siri :D

Same.

I wonder if they did this change because a considerable amount of people are jabbering to this Seeree chick because no one else would listen to them. I know it's sad and I hope that's not it but...

Reduces the remote processing load. Cost savings.

Yeah but they can do that with less douche factor. Don't know about you but I don't need more female sass in my life, already have that at home. Seriously though Siri should politely say "Can you please rephrase the question?" and if it detects you doing this multiple times then give a tip like "short concise sentences tend to improve results". No need for attitude. Yeah I know its a phone but treat customers with some level of respect regardless of tech aptitude. I would love to see if this would fly in a retail or face to face meeting with a client.

Yeah but they can do that with less douche factor. Don't know about you but I don't need more female sass in my life, already have that at home. Seriously though Siri should politely say "Can you please rephrase the question?" and if it detects you doing this multiple times then give a tip like "short concise sentences tend to improve results". No need for attitude. Yeah I know its a phone but treat customers with some level of respect regardless of tech aptitude. I would love to see if this would fly in a retail or face to face meeting with a client.

There's nothing douche about it. You're reading too much into what [H] readers are saying and not into what's actually being done to Siri. An example of"getting to the point" replies from Siri is "can you ask me that again, in fewer words?" as illustrated in the article. It's not like Siri's saying "dude, either get to the point or shut the fuck up."

There's nothing douche about it. You're reading too much into what [H] readers are saying and not into what's actually being done to Siri. An example of"getting to the point" replies from Siri is "can you ask me that again, in fewer words?" as illustrated in the article. It's not like Siri's saying "dude, either get to the point or shut the fuck up."

You are wasting your time. Most people just read the titles and go from there. Its especially bad when the titles have been "editorialized" for extra drama inducing stupidity.

"If you bring that sentence in for a fitting, I can have it shortened by Wednesday." -Hawkeye

Ha...Siri just made me lol

"So like, Jessica and I were like, woah who invented the lightbulb and she was all it was abraham lincoln and I was like nuhuh it was george washington so neways we were wondering siri if you like..."

*Siri self-destructs into a puff of smoke*

Reduces the remote processing load. Cost savings.

Man if they just had it say "would you like me to search the Internet for you" to every question that didn't have the word weather in it, it would be functionally indistinguishable from previous iterations and would cut down on all sorts of server side load.

IF they let you rename siri I'd name it "epic turd".

Back