ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac is the World’s First Intel 8 Series Motherboard with Thunderbo

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you’ve been following news of computing technologies, you’ve probably already noticed the presence of Thunderbolt technology. Now the maestros of motherboard manufacturing, ASRock is the world’s first to add more of these wonderful Thunderbolt ports to the upcoming Intel 8 Series motherboards! What’s more, the company’s top-of-the-line Z87 Extreme9/ac motherboard is the world’s first Intel 8 Series motherboard to pass the Intel Thunderbolt certification.

These Thunderbolt ports will come on ASRock’s Z87 Extreme9/ac, which are allegedly arriving to the market very soon, along with dozens of other exciting new features, such as ASRock’s A-Style. So, if you’re looking forward to build a solid next gen desktop rig with insanely fast data transfer abilities and innovative new software or hardware features, keep your eyes open for this bad boy.

When the new tech is concerned, I'll first wait for [H] review :) Also, even if the motherboard has T-Bolt port, I've barely seen a device with it.

Hehe, that product has not even been announced yet by Intel. Someone is gonna be in trouble.

With the world so connected its nearly impossible now to keep something secret with NDA.

This "World's First" stuff always drives me crazy...

Same for me. Only thing ASRock has done different from every other MoBo maker is jump the gun and release the info before they're allowed to. Being the world's first doesn't make it special nor does it make it a quality offering...this is ASRock, after all.

Should read "the maestros of mass marketing in order to separate fools from their money." :p

Can we get a flex test on this mobo? i want to see the heatsinks pop off. Awww yeah.

Maybe you 2 should check the world record overclocks from CPU-Z and count the number of AsRock listed.

So, you are stating that a world record CPU overclock is completely indicative of good design and layout, operational longevity, and consistently high product quality of ASRock MoBos? I'm going to 100% disagree.

So, you are stating that a world record CPU overclock is completely indicative of good design and layout, operational longevity, and consistently high product quality of ASRock MoBos? I'm going to 100% disagree.

Exactly... I'd rather have a board that you install in, and forget you have it and which might not get perfect OC results, instead the one that might go to the top (but who of us is going to beat world record in overclocking? ;P) but has shady quality. And judging from earlier Kyle's reviews of Asrocks boards, I'd not be so sure, they can deliver steady, long term performance.

Maybe you 2 should check the world record overclocks from CPU-Z and count the number of AsRock listed.

I was not blasting ASRock the company when I made my comment about the "maestros of motherboard manufacturing" phrase. I was merely poking fun at the crazy word choice and overuse of alliteration.

Sorry if anyone didn't get it.

Back