Businesses Choose Microsoft Office 365 Over Google Apps

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today announced new organizations have selected Microsoft Office 365 for improved communication and collaboration after having deployed or piloted Google Apps. The organizations include Sensia Hälsovård AB, SEPCOIII, and Arysta LifeScience. These companies join other recently announced customers, such as Caltex Australia, FHI 360, and Santa Clara County, which chose Office 365 for its enterprise-class capabilities, compliance, security and privacy features, all delivered in a cloud service with a 99.9 percent financially backed uptime guarantee from Microsoft.

I have to admit, office365 is really much better than google apps, even exchange online/outlook.com is more streamlined than gmail

If you need to actually do something with a spreadsheet, google docs isn't going to work for you.

Yup I prefer Office 365 for business as well as I prefer Outlook. However gmails spam filter is superior and they just announced google drive will get bumped from 5GB to 15GB for free.

Not surprising. Office365 wins in everything except when it comes to the non-paying everyday consumer.

How about a story of the companies leaving Office365 for on-premise installations?

Readimg between the lines this is really a story about more companies ditching Microsoft for Google Apps -there's always an underlying meaning behind an MS press release in the new Metro/Office365 era. The fact this press release immediately followed the news about the city of Boston ditching Office for Google pretty much tells you everything. While MS had a total monopoly on office productivity apps they didn't bother to chest thump.

For small businesses, you might be able to get away with Google Apps.

But, with as cheap as Office 365 and Exchange 365 are, and that Google Apps still has a ways to go before coming close to being equal with the Office suite, Microsoft still has a good and better product overall. ;o

for the price of 5 installs for office365 is a good deal and a nice service. if the price drops it will be a no brainer over install versions

the in app syncing is really nice and has me moving to skydrive from dropbox

How much is Office365? Last I heard the, retail version at least, was $9.99 a month. That's very expensive when you think about running it for 8-10 years for every employee.

Back