Sony Claims This Is NOT The PS4

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why anyone would put this much effort into a fake PS4 ad is beyond me but Sony swears it is fake. Then again, the company has a horrible track record of denying stuff that ultimately ends up being true.

lol.

Looks pretty slick if true. Little bit of a Tron thing going on. I like it!

Well even if it is real, it still doesn't show us what the physical hardware looks like.
Nice job to whoever made it though.

lol.

Looks pretty slick if true. Little bit of a Tron thing going on. I like it!

I hope that's not what it looks like. I hate it when the equipment in my entertainment center has obnoxious lighting. Give me a tiny LED that indicates that it's on, that's it.

I hope that is what it looks like. That looks classy and it would find into my tv stand just fine.

I hope that's not what it looks like. I hate it when the equipment in my entertainment center has obnoxious lighting. Give me a tiny LED that indicates that it's on, that's it.

Because it couldn't possibly have a setting to turn it off

Well even if it is real, it still doesn't show us what the physical hardware looks like.
Nice job to whoever made it though.

--People complained after the "reveal" that all they did was tell whats in it

--People compained after a commercial is leaked, that they just showed what it looks like

Stupid sony.

Even if it's not true, Sony should hire the editor. That was a great 'amateur' video.

They're just trying to get more views. They officially said that their own product is fake, so I wouldn't buy it just to spite them. They spread so many lies last time. You can't trust Sony.

IF this is a hoax, Sony needs to higher the folks that put it together.

That was likely the plan all along, it's a good way to get yourself noticed if you're looking for a job in marketing or campaign production.

Who do you higher for that job

1. A guy who comes in out of college with a piece of paper and minimal experience
e
2. A guy who comes in and points this and says "Look what I managed to do in my spare time, it set the internet a blaze with discussion". Also he mayor may not have said piece of paper :p

So where was the PS4? Seriously, 0.5 seconds of actual hardware shots is lame...

Well, I can clearly see clips from the Unreal Engine Samaritan Demo. I think it might be real but they don't want to admit it for other reasons. Like it was never supposed to see the light of day because it is a marketing demo for what a future commercial might look like. Probably not even the way the PS4 will look.;)

The reused audio assets alone make it obvious that it's a fake. Expect all-new marketing campaigns with brand new assets when the new platform's marketing push starts.

As for the faked commercial, it's decent, I suppose. Mostly a case of well chosen music and a good editor making the piece work.

Can't say I like the faked device render though, thanks to the gratuitous EL lighting. And much as I'd love for consoles to become standardized generic black boxes which fit in a component rack, I don't see it happening.

The lighting sucks. Has to be fake.

But at least James Franco is in it.

The reused audio assets alone make it obvious that it's a fake. Expect all-new marketing campaigns with brand new assets when the new platform's marketing push starts.

As for the faked commercial, it's decent, I suppose. Mostly a case of well chosen music and a good editor making the piece work.

Can't say I like the faked device render though, thanks to the gratuitous EL lighting. And much as I'd love for consoles to become standardized generic black boxes which fit in a component rack, I don't see it happening.

I was thinking the same thing about the reused audio. Especially the very end

fakes fake! by that I mean it looks legit to me, guess we'll have to wait til e3 to know for sure if thats what it ends up looking like. Seems a bit small to me for just ventilation reasons, but who knows.

my take is fake. people in the video arent retouched by makeup , or a stylist to remove weird face hair.

Probably not fake so much as a marketing mockup for a possible advertising approach. Like the Evil Ka Ford commercials. Never meant to be seen by the public but still not fake.

If this isn't a Playstation 4 ad then that was one helluva resumé because there is no way this man didn't get a job from somebody.

I personally can't stand Sony commercials. All the weird ones during the early PS3 launch made me not buy one because they showed literally no game footages. This commercial is terrible. Just a bunch of people with the playstation shapes reflecting off their eyes. They need to fire the marketing people who thought of this junk.

I think all those people were high... nobody is that impressed looking at basic shapes like that

I personally can't stand Sony commercials. All the weird ones during the early PS3 launch made me not buy one because they showed literally no game footages. This commercial is terrible. Just a bunch of people with the playstation shapes reflecting off their eyes. They need to fire the marketing people who thought of this junk.

I think all those people were high... nobody is that impressed looking at basic shapes like that

Back