Watch Dogs Gamplay Footage

Would have been nice to see an example of a mission instead of 6 minutes of random bits cobbled together.

is it me, or do the textures seem a bit lower res compared to the previous videos they've shown?

@ the begining you can clearly hear the sound Windows makes when a hardware device is connected or disconnected. PC?

is it me, or do the textures seem a bit lower res compared to the previous videos they've shown?

I'm going to say it's video compression. Still looks great and the PC version will be even better.

Would have been nice to see an example of a mission instead of 6 minutes of random bits cobbled together.

Nah I prefer this, it let's me get a feel for that the game is like and doesn't spoil anything. I am loving this game so far, all those little side bits are why games like this keep me entertained. I can go do the main story or I can just casually walk around, maybe rob a store or stop one. Tail a suspected criminal and prevent a murder. This game looks like it's going to be loads of fun!

Okay, I haven't watched the whole thing yet but, what the fuck @ ~1:05...a heavily-guarded compound with barbed wire fence...and then an old refrigerator or something right next to a section of fence that mysteriously has no barbed wire...SEEMS LEGIT.

Overall, yeah, Assassin's Creed IN TEH FUTURE!!! Not overly impressed. So far the "hacking" just seems like hovering over an entity and waiting a few seconds for it to happen. What happened to mini-games?

Notice the ABX buttons showing in this gameplay footage in the shop at 0:23...

The game does look rather underwhelming as far as graphics go and there's a bit of stutter but I do agree that video compression could at least be making the textures look ugly.

@ the begining you can clearly hear the sound Windows makes when a hardware device is connected or disconnected. PC?

Yeah I noticed that too, but the description in the video says PS4 Devkit, so it's possible that it was still the devkit or capture card. Either way, if it's PS4 or PC, and not a result of Vid compression, this is kinda disappointing.

It doesnt make sense either. The PS4 has more than enough RAM for better textures. Just lazy porting for PS4 and PC it seems like.
If this game is ugly on the PS4 and the excuse from the developers is that they had to make it work with the 360 and PS3 so they used the same low-res textures and this in turn pisses off PS4 users, as a PC gamer I'll do my best Nelson "HAA haa".

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to have higher-resolution assets for more capable systems but then again I'm not in game development so I don't know of the hurdles.

Notice the ABX buttons showing in this gameplay footage in the shop at 0:23...

Yep. My guess is Xbox360 controller plugged into PC.

I like the forklift going down in front of the NPC's eyes and his response: "A dog maybe?"

Nah I prefer this, it let's me get a feel for that the game is like and doesn't spoil anything. I am loving this game so far, all those little side bits are why games like this keep me entertained. I can go do the main story or I can just casually walk around, maybe rob a store or stop one. Tail a suspected criminal and prevent a murder. This game looks like it's going to be loads of fun!

It doesn't have to be a main story mission(could have picked a side mission, an early story mission), but seeing how the flow of the game actually plays along is pretty important. With the footage so chopped up, for all we know you may end up spending 50% of your time crouched behind a dumpster. I want some context to the gameplay, not just chopped up bits of actions strung together showing the game to be something that it clearly isn't.

Sure, the possibility of 50% of the gameplay during a mission hiding behind a dumpster may sound a little exaggerated, but look at another game like... I dunno... MGS4 and all of it's "gameplay footage", yet when you play it you're stuck spending 1/3 of your time doing nothing but listening to mostly irrelevant drawn out dialogue.

Well at least the character movement looked good. I'm not sure I want to play this game based on the video. Nothing remarkable or interesting is taking place.

It doesn't have to be a main story mission(could have picked a side mission, an early story mission), but seeing how the flow of the game actually plays along is pretty important. With the footage so chopped up, for all we know you may end up spending 50% of your time crouched behind a dumpster. I want some context to the gameplay, not just chopped up bits of actions strung together showing the game to be something that it clearly isn't.

Sure, the possibility of 50% of the gameplay during a mission hiding behind a dumpster may sound a little exaggerated, but look at another game like... I dunno... MGS4 and all of it's "gameplay footage", yet when you play it you're stuck spending 1/3 of your time doing nothing but listening to mostly irrelevant drawn out dialogue.

All the GTA games have been the same way, usually repetative missions which is why I almost never beat any GTA game.

Looks like a GTA/SC/Dues Ex mashup... the hacking looks a little meh, but at least they are trying to apply different thematic elements instead of just a lame straight up clone.

It looks like you were able to hack into a camera in an apartment and a guy was talking to his blow up doll... that makes for some funny entertainment right there if they went to the work to add those types of details that might not really be plot/game related.

So you can wirelessly hack mechanical machinery, and they needed Kaspersky's help with what again?

Looks like a GTA/SC/Dues Ex mashup... the hacking looks a little meh, but at least they are trying to apply different thematic elements instead of just a lame straight up clone.

It looks like you were able to hack into a camera in an apartment and a guy was talking to his blow up doll... that makes for some funny entertainment right there if they went to the work to add those types of details that might not really be plot/game related.
I was definitely reminded of Dues Ex watching this.

Splinter Cell minus the stealth suit, and night vision goggles, given a smart phone and a baseball cap instead.

So you can wirelessly hack mechanical machinery, and they needed Kaspersky's help with what again?

LOL...Yeah, I was going to note that point in the trailer where the guy jumps into a scissor lift, and "hacks" it with his phone while standing literally 6 inches from the control buttons...

Could be fun.

Definitely assassins creed and GTA. The police getaway looks interesting.

Reminds me of the tv show Person of Interest.

Looks very promising. The texture looks much better than what we usually see on the old consoles.

Youtube is not a reference for their HD video, even the best compression look like crap at full screen in 720p and 1080p, it's not even 6mbps so..

Check screenshot from Last LIght, than check the videos (PC max setting), it look like crap from the videos..

Youtube is not a reference for their HD video, even the best compression look like crap at full screen in 720p and 1080p, it's not even 6mbps so..

Check screenshot from Last LIght, than check the videos (PC max setting), it look like crap from the videos..
some videos can look fine but this one looks really bad.

The more I see of this game the less interested I am. The first part looks like a mission and the rest appears to be just wandering around the city.

The AI looks pretty bad, as mentioned before with the fork lift and when he is being chased, I am pretty sure the cop says he has him in sight then baseball cap guy turns into a garage and suddenly they can't find him.

Gameplay doesn't look very exciting, just hacking from camera to camera to see if something random happens.

I would like to know more about when he goes into the gun store to buy something and the news is suddenly showing his face. How often would that happen throughout the game?

yay another game where you can see around corners, hit the "hack computer" button, and slow down time because you suck too bad to dodge anything. If you want to make games for 5 year olds the Wii U is right around the corner. Or are all the intelligent sophisticated games there already, and it's the super modern hardware intended for children?

This game play looks terrible..The textures and limited FOV seem to be a console build for sure..

Back