Westinghouse 46" 1080p LCD TV $350

Hate to crap on this one, but Westinghouse customer service is horrendous. AKA nonexistant. Had a 32" bought from walmart, lasted 4 months. Tried to RMA, company never responded. Went through BBB and still couldnt get a response. Returned to Walmart after some challenges.

Friend had a 40" westinghouse. Power supply failed. He had extended warranty, but with Westinghouse being such a sh*tty company, the repairman could not get a replacement PSU. So, he was out a TV/monitor for about 6 weeks, and then waited another week to get the gift card refund from extended warranty.

Beware....

I posted this because they were 3.5 - 4.0 star reviewed. That doesn't mean the user didn't write the review and have the monitor die 15 minutes later.

Thats unfortunate. By wetsinghouse 37w1. Is still going strong. Love this monitor. And my westinghouse 42 is still going also (6years now)

Figured I'd chime in here for fence-sitters lookin for more intel on Westinghouse reliability.

I too have had the venerable 37w1 as my monitor for what seems like forever now, and I also have a newer series 47" lcd tv in another room.

They are not amazing quality, as both have minor backlighting issues, but neither have ever had any catastrophic/failure type issues.

Frankly if my old 37 wasn't still running totally fine I would've jumped on the 39" LG deal from a couple days ago.

Wally says its a 60hz and Amazon shows it as 120Hz...anyone got any idea why? I been kickin around buying something inexpensive for my office for movies and streaming. 46" is a bit bigger than I originally had wanted, but could still work. (small office)

I have one of these that I picked up a few weeks ago when they were $360 AR.
First one I ordered from newegg got destroyed by a forklift (hole in the box and through screen).
2nd one has a stuck pixel in the upper left corner. Speaking of the corners the back light is week in the corners and they are noticably darker. If I wasn't using as a presentation display I would have returned/resold it, as you do get what you pay for. It is a cheap low end panel.

Here is a picture of it hanging in my office.
office_monitors.jpg

Back