The Guys Who Made YouTube Are Striking Out

HardOCP News

[H] News
Since when was retiring a multi-multi-multi-millionaire in your twenties not enough? Dear Google, please give me $1.65 billion for the [H] so I can show those YouTube chumps how it's really done. :D

YouTube made Chad Hurley and Steve Chen rich as Saudi kings after they sold it off to Google. They had the chance (and money!) to build anything they wanted—and they did, a brand new company called AVOS Systems. Two years later, and it seems the YouTube duo were a one hit wonder.

oh god no.

I shall not refer to this place as [G] if you sell to Google!!!! haha

Even with all the money in the world, you can still get bored. The most successful people usually fail many times over. Confuscious out.

Even with all the money in the world, you can still get bored. The most successful people usually fail many times over. Confuscious out.

It isn't even a matter of boredom. Some people are driven to create, to be productive. You might say that is a by-product of boredom if you like, but it's all semantic.

I'm dumbfounded at those who say if they somehow struck it rich they'd never work another day in their lives. What a worthless life that would be.

It isn't even a matter of boredom. Some people are driven to create, to be productive. You might say that is a by-product of boredom if you like, but it's all semantic.

I'm dumbfounded at those who say if they somehow struck it rich they'd never work another day in their lives. What a worthless life that would be.

I think they mean they'll never work for someone ever again. ;)

Apparently striking out means making something extremely popular and selling it off for loads of cash and becoming millionaires in the process

If I struck it rich I'd move to Hawaii and buy a fridge that held a lot of beer. I'm sure after a few years I'd get antsy to do something with my time, but that there is a quality problem to have.

As for our little founders in the article, I went to AVOS.com, and I love that they're developing an "ironclad virtual sandbox." Goes to show you can hire lots of brilliant people and still end up with a shitty mixed metaphor.

Back