Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer

I did enjoy Saint's Row The Third, but it did get boring. Eventually. But it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Ya know, I am really REALLY starting to question why this console shit is posted here on HardOCP from time to time. Is it just a mindless news filler, slow news day or whatnot?

Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into all things HardOCP. HardOCP is still my main stop on the web.

I've always thought that the demographic here on HardOCP was much more refined, educated, etc that this sort of material would not appeal to many people. Maybe I'm wrong.

If this was the Nintendo Power forums or whatever with tons of 15 year olds camping out, then yeah, I could see this sorta thing being posted.

Ya know, I am really REALLY starting to question why this console shit is posted here on HardOCP from time to time. Is it just a mindless news filler, slow news day or whatnot?

Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into all things HardOCP. HardOCP is still my main stop on the web.

I've always thought that the demographic here on HardOCP was much more refined, educated, etc that this sort of material would not appeal to many people. Maybe I'm wrong.

If this was the Nintendo Power forums or whatever with tons of 15 year olds camping out, then yeah, I could see this sorta thing being posted.

console shit?

this is a pc game.

plus im really looking forward to this game. even if it takes over the top to a whole new level thats really what Saints Row has been about for awhile now, if you want a down to earth open world game go play snooze fest GTA4.

Huh, so HardOCP elitists are a thing. :rolleyes:

Don't try to judge Saints Row in any serious manner. It makes no attempt to be so. It's simply pure mindless fun. If you want something that provokes thought in any form then simply move along.

PC game that shipped with Eyefinity support right out of the box. It was nice to be able to sit down with Saints Row the Third, install, and get to playing at 6080x1080 with no tweaking, changing obscure game settings, or any of the other BS I have to do get supposedly Triple A PC games to run on my rig the way I want them to.

1 was boring, 2 was great, 3 was lacking in a lot of areas compared to 2 and went into the realm of stupid with trying to be so "over the top", but for the most part it was still entertaining.

I'm not liking what I've seen of 4 so far. There's a difference between over the top action, and turning into something I'd have expected an 8 year old to come up with.

"Then the president gets super powers, and he fights aliens! by punching them in the balls!"

No, I want my over the top action packed gang wars back. Not the fantasy of an 8 year old where the game ends with the president fighting an alien robot dinosaur with an axe in one hand while shooting fireballs like ken and ryu from the other.

I know, right? I'm personally waiting for the Dickensian version of DiRT. Dickens' DiRT Rally. It's the serious game for serious gamers where you start off driving one or two feet and then are forced to stop and get out of the car. From there you listen to narration in excruciating detail that describes the motivations of the main character, why his name is spelled the way it is, and every object and bit of scenery in view. Your driver then makes friends with the neighborhood rascal. He cracks wise outside the neighborhood newsstand selling paper. His uncle is secretly rich but doesn't know it. As you note the sounds of your feet shifting on the cobblestone streets beneath you, you gaze back at your rally car, which is still not moving in any appreciable way. You listen carefully to rascal's family history as told by the rascal. The dark sooty air of 19th century London leaves an acrid taste in the back of your throat. You can feel it around you, and it's collecting on the porcelain white hood of your rally car.

An hour of gameplay later you'll get to see rascal's family's house - a tired building with an achingly gray-brown front. Rascal is 17 years old and he hopes to marry soon. The sagging roof and dusty windows are a kind of bleak prison from where he stages his rebellion. The church of England's God only knows where your car is at this point because you're probably never going to see it again. A murder of crows is perched on the low part of the sagging roof. The race timer is up. Would you like to try again?

I feel really really sad for those of you who think this is a PC game. Is it on the PC, yeah. That's about it. Also, who else here thinks these guys have purple on the brain? lol

By all means if this is what want to spend your $50 dollars on. Have at it. Enjoy the game

A lot of pointless hate in this thread.

Its just a fun game that doesn't take itself seriously. Different strokes for different folks.

I personally really enjoyed Saints Row the 3rd on PC. The CO-OP was very seemless to get into and the best CO-OP I have experienced in a sandbox GTA style game.

I feel really really sad for those of you who think this is a PC game. Is it on the PC, yeah. That's about it. Also, who else here thinks these guys have purple on the brain? lol

So a game that's being released on PC isn't a PC game? An xbox 360 game tweaked in a way to a run on a PC and being released for PC isn't a PC game?

This looks like Prototype vs Duke Nukem. I'm excited as hell for this. Saints Row 3 was the best sandbox game I've played since GTA3. It was both hilarious and ridiculously fun.

No, I want my over the top action packed gang wars back. Not the fantasy of an 8 year old where the game ends with the president fighting an alien robot dinosaur with an axe in one hand while shooting fireballs like ken and ryu from the other.
Great, now you gave away The Elder Scrolls 6. :mad:

By all means if this is what want to spend your $50 dollars on. Have at it. Enjoy the game

PC game that shipped with Eyefinity support right out of the box. It was nice to be able to sit down with Saints Row the Third, install, and get to playing at 6080x1080 with no tweaking, changing obscure game settings, or any of the other BS I have to do get supposedly Triple A PC games to run on my rig the way I want them to.

So a game that's being released on PC isn't a PC game? An xbox 360 game tweaked in a way to a run on a PC and being released for PC isn't a PC game?

Sounds like a PC game to me :rolleyes:

I know, right? I'm personally waiting for the Dickensian version of DiRT. Dickens' DiRT Rally. It's the serious game for serious gamers where you start off driving one or two feet and then are forced to stop and get out of the car. From there you listen to narration in excruciating detail that describes the motivations of the main character, why his name is spelled the way it is, and every object and bit of scenery in view. Your driver then makes friends with the neighborhood rascal. He cracks wise outside the neighborhood newsstand selling paper. His uncle is secretly rich but doesn't know it. As you note the sounds of your feet shifting on the cobblestone streets beneath you, you gaze back at your rally car, which is still not moving in any appreciable way. You listen carefully to rascal's family history as told by the rascal. The dark sooty air of 19th century London leaves an acrid taste in the back of your throat. You can feel it around you, and it's collecting on the porcelain white hood of your rally car.

An hour of gameplay later you'll get to see rascal's family's house - a tired building with an achingly gray-brown front. Rascal is 17 years old and he hopes to marry soon. The sagging roof and dusty windows are a kind of bleak prison from where he stages his rebellion. The church of England's God only knows where your car is at this point because you're probably never going to see it again. A murder of crows is perched on the low part of the sagging roof. The race timer is up. Would you like to try again?

outstanding

post of the week

^^ I agree with jojo.

I can't wait for part 2, where you must find the starter crank for your jalopy and spend the next 45 minutes getting the ignition timing lever in the perfect position whilst wrestling with the carburetor choke and air/fuel mixture settings. Rascal's youthful enthusiasm is a real asset here as you click repeatedly to have him turn the crank....

this is gold.. EA really needs to snatch this up :p

Definitely wrong. Just read through random posts in the last few years and you'll see. :D

Looks good, can't wait because I really liked the third game, though I kinda wish the graphics looked better because judging from what I seen it looks exactly the same as the third but graphics don't make a good game.

I think you're confusing "refined" with "stupid elitist bullshit".

Let's see if you can follow the logic here:

Why do people overclock their computers, or spend thousands of dollars upgrading and tweaking them, pouring over statistics to figure out which parts to buy? To play video games is usually one of the most common answers. Saints Row 4 is a video game that will be playable on PC. They released a trailer, the people running your precious, precious HardOCP are interested in it, so they posted it.

Ooooh, how about they post only about highly graphical games that only come out on PC and nowhere else.

*crickets chirping*

Looks good, can't wait because I really liked the third game, though I kinda wish the graphics looked better because judging from what I seen it looks exactly the same as the third but graphics don't make a good game.

It started out as a major expansion, and then they added so much and changed so much that they supposedly felt it would make sense as an entirely new game.

What would make it a "PC Game" then?

As to purple on the brain, it's the 3rd Street Saints. Purple has always been their color.

Back