Facebook Causes 'Psychotic Episodes And Delusions'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that I think about it, this explains a lot! :D

Facebook and other social networking sites can actually send you mad, according to scientists in Israel. Researchers from Tel Aviv University have linked psychotic episodes in patients to internet addiction and delusions caused by virtual relationships cultivated on social networking sites.

I can assure you that all these people with problems from XYZ already had problems long before.

Its like when they banned Catcher in the Rye... its like cmon, anyone that would kill after reading a stupid book was already mentally ill to begin with.

I can assure you that all these people with problems from XYZ already had problems long before.

Its like when they banned Catcher in the Rye... its like cmon, anyone that would kill after reading a stupid book was already mentally ill to begin with.

This goes for virtually anything. It makes about as much sense as blaming video games for violence. You don't just pick up a gun and blow your families collective brains out because Facebook , video games and or Santa Claus "tells" you too and not be a sociopath.

Also, the sample size of three in this paper is a rather overwhelming statistical sample :D

Why would anyone have a preoccupation with making their private lives public?

Sounds more like crazy people like Facebook.

A lot of people seem to need external validation. If not by God(s) then by other people.

The problem is, you don't have control over the emotions of others, and to expect them to offer you happiness is very reckless and leads to codependency.

There is a better way, IMO, and it starts with loving unconditionally and treating yourself with respect, both mind and body. It's pretty simple when you think about it, but of course bad habits are hard to overcome. Living more in "the present" also helps. I know, sounds a bit "new agey", lol...

I wish everyone the best. This life can be good and full of beauty, with a healthy and hopeful heart :p

A lot of people seem to need external validation. If not by God(s) then by other people.

The problem is, you don't have control over the emotions of others, and to expect them to offer you happiness is very reckless and leads to codependency.

There is a better way, IMO, and it starts with loving unconditionally and treating yourself with respect, both mind and body. It's pretty simple when you think about it, but of course bad habits are hard to overcome. Living more in "the present" also helps. I know, sounds a bit "new agey", lol...

I wish everyone the best. This life can be good and full of beauty, with a healthy and hopeful heart :p

GOD DAMN HIPPIE!!! ;)

Facebook caused them to be on Facebook. It caused them to continually use Facebook. It then caused them to emotionally invest themselves through Facebook. Facebook then caused them to feel and behave in ways entirely contrary to 'who they are' and 'what they choose'.

Back