You Can Have Your Own IMAX Home Theater

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are looking in the ultimate in home theater setups and have a minimum of a cool Million or so to spend on its creation, contact IMAX and they will handle all of the details of the construction for your very own IMAX home theater. If you had the room, you could make your investment back by charging friends and family for showing first run movies. :D

Fake imax is no longer just for your local theatre. You can have something called imax that isn't in your home now.

Fake imax is no longer just for your local theatre. You can have something called imax that isn't in your home now.

This isn't even "real" digital IMAX. It's just a 4K projector home theater. I am sure you could build something similar to this or better than it for the one to two million they're asking. Regular commercial cinemas were set to start rolling 4K projectors out this year so how can they call this IMAX?

This isn't even "real" digital IMAX. It's just a 4K projector home theater. I am sure you could build something similar to this or better than it for the one to two million they're asking. Regular commercial cinemas were set to start rolling 4K projectors out this year so how can they call this IMAX?

Digital IMAX is still 2K. They have a 4K version laser projector almost ready but it won't be out until near the end of the year. This is one of the many reason why purists tend to hate Digital IMAX because they have never disclosed the size or resolution difference.

Hell, they probably didn't even bother to tell the blogger how their projectors work, or they just guessed. Digital IMAX uses two projectors for 2D and 3D to make the screen brighter. and to send a image to each eye on 3D. Whoever wrote the article sounds like they are just assuming that one is a 3D and the other is 2D.

As for normal 4K screens, granted I'm in Atlanta but most of the majors (AMC and Regal) screens converted to 4K here a year ago. There's one or two that haven't but they are closing down and moving to new locations soon anyways.

people will still buy based on the brand, eventually diluting it to nothingness. can't wait to hear my imax radio.

IIRC the fake imax theaters(the ones at commercial theaters with smaller screens) don't use imax projectors either.

And, without spending $15 to $20 a ticket either!

Fake IMAX or real IMAX, it doesn't matter, at least it's within our reach (well, for those with the wallets to afford it).

I read that the family guy creator, seth macfarlane, had one of these put in. I guess that while it is not 'real' imax, the screen you do get is huge and curved. With the projectors it is using, this is more on par with putting 2 multi hundred pound christie or sony 4k theater projector in your house or something.

I have a hunch this isn't like putting 2 sony 4k projectors into your home...

It is putting 2 sony 4k projectors in your home.

It's probaly running 2 4k projectors for passive 3d glasses.. Would love to have a 4k sony projector for the low price of 20k lol..

If you had the room, you could make your investment back by charging friends and family for showing first run movies. :D

Not unless the MPAA never finds out what you are doing ... or unless you are giving the studios their cut ... charging to show movies violates the copyright on all the disc distribution devices (DVD, Blu Ray, etc) ;)

Now if you want to give your friends and family super salty popcorn and sell cold drinks for $5 ... that is a whole different ballgame :cool:

Back