new 24" IPS from Asus? VS24AH-P

It is a lower end model. No display port, base only tilts, no user modes and no color channels adjustment

Interesting. But what is the panel coating? Even if all those other aspects suck, I might consider it if it's semi-glossy instead of strong anti-glare. I might want to go for cheap lol.

Interesting. But what is the panel coating? Even if all those other aspects suck, I might consider it if it's semi-glossy instead of strong anti-glare. I might want to go for cheap lol.

why suck? it's matte/anti glare, no gloss. I have no need for display port or user profiles either. not sure where they're getting no color channel adjust from, what kind of modern panel doesn't have that?

only thing I'm worried about is the actual response time and/or any bleeding/ghosting. don't want to put up with that at all when I could just go for an even cheaper tn. though we don't seem to have much selection for those in 16:10 aspect. I don't see a single review for this thing anywhere though, really want to see more about it first.

I just picked this up on Amazon.

From everything I read the image quality is top notch.

IPS
1920x1200
HDMI input
non-gloss

Can't believe the price if this holds up to the reviews so far.

Also curious as to coating. I expect it's AH-IPS, which should mean a light coating. And logically it'd be the same exact panel found in the more expensive NEC ea244wmi.

Shame about the stand though. I don't get why manufacturers use non-height adjustable stands at all... I can't see it adding much to the overall cost.

I will post pics for you guys when I get it.

The stand did not worry me because I use a Neo-Flex Arm VESA mount.

Monitor is absolutely gorgeous...
So clear and the colors really pop.
1920x1200 can't be beat...what a difference.

The AG coating is very very light. No graininess what so ever.

Super psyched! :cool: Stepped up from a Dell S2409W.

The photo really does not do it justice.

4ywz.jpg

j2l4.jpg

cb7t.jpg

ihgs.jpg

Monitor is absolutely gorgeous...
So clear and the colors really pop.
1920x1200 can't be beat...what a difference.

The AG coating is very very light. No graininess what so ever.

Nice. How is the glow on it in comparison to other IPS panels?

Nice. How is the glow on it in comparison to other IPS panels?

It is about the same, like with all IPS panels it is definitely there but it does not bother me.

This monitor is a tremendous value for those who don't need display port or a high quality stand.

It is about the same, like with all IPS panels it is definitely there but it does not bother me.

This monitor is a tremendous value for those who don't need display port or a high quality stand.

It makes me wonder why the NEC version (probably same exact panel) is so much more expensive. I realize the electronics + stand are different ... just not sure it's a $150 difference.

And this Asus is currently close to retail price, wait until Black Friday and holiday sales, and I expect to see this at $175ish or less... or at the very least, < $200.

Is that little circular thing, hardly thicker than the post, seriously all it has for the stand?

lol. Alright thanks. I wonder if I should cancel my backordered NEC ea244wmi and just get this instead. You are 100% certain it's a semi glossy panel, right? haha

lol. Alright thanks. I wonder if I should cancel my backordered NEC ea244wmi and just get this instead. You are 100% certain it's a semi glossy panel, right? haha

Semi glossy?

It is not at all, it has the look of a matte screen but with a very light AG that is not noticeable what so ever.

Since the NEC is on backorder, I would order this and see how it plays..if you don't like it you can always return the Asus and maybe the NEC will be back in stock.

Anyone have any experience with the input lag on this monitor? Thinking of either getting this or springing for the QNIX, correctly leaning towards the Asus thanks to desk constraints and worries about graphics power.

Anyone have any experience with the input lag on this monitor? Thinking of either getting this or springing for the QNIX, correctly leaning towards the Asus thanks to desk constraints and worries about graphics power.

I am not really a "hardcore gamer" but I have played TF2 and the latest Bioshock on it.

I didn't notice input lag that would bother me. But again, I am not hardcore so....

Me neither tbh, I'd be buying this as a general purpose all-around monitor so I'm not looking for 120hz or whatever. Having said that, all-around does still include games and watching shows online though. ;)

Thanks for the reply. :)

Is this thing 6 bit or 8 bit or 12 bit (i.e, do photos look decent ?)

Anyone have any thoughts on this? My 5 year old samsung is finally starting to kick the bucket and I'm considering this one or making the jump up to a 27" WQHD monitor.

I've had mine for a few days and so far I'm really liking it. Can't detect any input lag compared to my old G2400W TN monitor.
There's a tiny bit more of motion blur but its really not noticeable.

The thing is REALLY bright though. I knew LED monitors were brighter than regular LCD but I did not expect this much.
As far as colors go, I can't really comment as I'm not a pro but they look good and consistent across the screen. My only issue would be that it seems like the grays are very slightly yellow/sepia-ish but that might be due to some setting in windows that I can't figure out at the moment.
Also, absolutely NO backlight bleed. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky but I can't see any of it in the dark. If there's any, the IPS glow is hiding it. Speaking of which, it isn't as bad as I was expecting (first IPS monitor for me).

Little edit: Seems like the monitor doesn't have an option to keep aspect ratio for 16:9 (it does have 4:3 though), so if you have something like a PS3 that you wanna use with this monitor, look elsewhere.
Edit2: Seems the monitor as a slight cross hatching issue like the PB238Q. Can't really see it unless I sit at about 1-2ft from the monitor though.

Last edited:
Some information about the panel.
----
Source ASUS Support

The PWM frequency is 12.9 KHz, but no % brightness provided,
The panel is LG LM240WU8, but not sure about -SLA or -SLD.
----

I am glad ASUS willing to tell the detail information about their product.
I send another mail for more information, will update if I get more.

At least VS24AH is a flickering free(by using high PWM frequency) monitor and is cheaper than U2412m.
There is another monitor called VS24AHL in ASUS website.
I feel it is like a ASUS version of BenQ's BL2411PT.

does it have decent overdrive/does it have Tracefree?
does it overclock to 72/75hz?

Some information about the panel.
----
Source ASUS Support

The PWM frequency is 12.9 KHz, but no % brightness provided,
The panel is LG LM240WU8, but not sure about -SLA or -SLD.
----

I am glad ASUS willing to tell the detail information about their product.
I send another mail for more information, will update if I get more.

At least VS24AH is a flickering free(by using high PWM frequency) monitor and is cheaper than U2412m.
There is another monitor called VS24AHL in ASUS website.
I feel it is like a ASUS version of BenQ's BL2411PT.

Update:
The PWM frequency is 12.9 KHz at all brightness.
Guess ASUS changes the pulse width to adjust the brightness?

The panel is LM240WU8-SLD,
so BL2411PT and this one are the only two confirmed using LM240WU8-SLD.

VS24AHL uses the same panel as VS24AH-P.

Has anyone had his hands on this monitor yet and can confirm it is flicker free and not causing eye-fatigue?

How easy it it to take off that little stub if you want to use your own stand? Do you have to disassemble the entire case or does it just screw off?

I had one of my monitors at work burn out (7 years old) so I grabbed 2 of these off Amazon so they would match. The monitors are great but I was disappointed that one of them is much brighter out of the box than the other.

If any other FPS players can confirm that this monitor does the job, I will buy it.

Back