Opinions?? Netgear ProSafe GS110TP Ethernet Switch

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Opinions on this switch?

Netgear ProSafe GS110TP Ethernet Switch

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KPHYBA?tag=intercept-kb-20

Looking to spend 150-250 per-switch (2 total) 1 for my house, 1 for my office.

I need the ability to run fiber between the two.

Are there any other options or switches you guys would consider?

PoE is not required but I did have plans to utilize it

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Never been a fan of Netgear but in all honesty I never had any problems with their non consumer switches. They are built well and fairly inexpensive.

Thanks, I don't need more than 2-4 ports for actual systems the rest for PoE are "nice features" so 24 is really overkill :D and with no PoE it becomes more of a storage/power/heat problem.

I`ll def. check ebay now :D

I have one and its a pretty decent product. No problems at all.

One note: it has a pretty low total power limit on the POE. I you are only running a couple of devices you should be ok, but I'm maxed out with four ports supplying power to a WiFi AP and three cameras (it's the IR illuminators on the cameras that did me in...).

I have one and its a pretty decent product. No problems at all.

One note: it has a pretty low total power limit on the POE. I you are only running a couple of devices you should be ok, but I'm maxed out with four ports supplying power to a WiFi AP and three cameras (it's the IR illuminators on the cameras that did me in...).

Thanks, good to know.

Yeah, I was going to use probably 2 cameras and a WiFi AP too.

Which WiFi AP are you using, and how do you like it?

Which WiFi AP are you using, and how do you like it?

A pos off-brand one that I wouldn't reccomend to anyone. At the time it was the only one you could find that met my needs (high-power N, PoE, multiple SSID separated by VLAN, gigE backhaul). It does the job but i am not completely satisfied.

Today there are several enterprise grade APs that do all these things at reasonable cost (Ubiquiti pro, Cisco, etc). I have an order in for a Ubiquiti AC that will replace it when they start shipping in a few weeks.

Let me know how you like the Ubiquiti.

I won't need one until 5/17 - 6/1 not sure on date yet.

Ordered the 2 switches today.

Which SFP (Mini-GBIC) did you use if any? Trying to find cheaper/affordable ones :D

Back