Grand Theft Auto V: Michael. Franklin. Trevor.

If I could get a guarentee that Rockstar kept some of the development team that made Red Dead Redemption, or at least learned from that game, then I would be much more interested in GTA 5. I always felt deteched from the stories in GTA games, and the controls always felt like they were several steps behind the controls you had in other games. That, and beating up people in that game gets boring fairly fast. Red Dead Redemption fixed most of my complaints with GTA games, but they dissolved/laid off the team that made it.

Or they could just steal the Saint's Row: The Third minigame about insurance fraud. That would make me happy too.

Michael seems like he might be the only interesting character. Everyone else is a tired, played out stereotype.

Still I'll play it :D

Man wtf is with youtube videos lately, whenever I click to an unloaded part it resets.

I'll enjoy this in a year or so when it comes out on the PC though.

pc version for sure. I think the game looks great, looking forward to it.

I'll wait a while until most of the following happen:

1) I hear good reviews of it.

2) Most of the missions bugs are fixed.

3) Most of the graphical and stability bugs are fixed.

4) The game and all of the DLC come in one package.

5) The price drops.

My guess is that I might play it in a year and a half or so.

I'll wait a while until most of the following happen:

1) I hear good reviews of it.

2) Most of the missions bugs are fixed.

3) Most of the graphical and stability bugs are fixed.

4) The game and all of the DLC come in one package.

5) The price drops.

My guess is that I might play it in a year and a half or so.

You forgot to add when the modders fix the shitty graphics.

Pre-order website is blocked from work, I'm assuming that PC isn't mentioned anywhere.

Trevor should have been voiced by Jack Nicholson.

Is GTA the new cool thing to hate like CoD?

Personally can't wait for this.

Been five years since the last game. So pumped for this one. I liked GTA IV a lot, but wished it were more like San Andreas. This one looks to have brought back the stuff they took out of the last one.

Is GTA the new cool thing to hate like CoD? Personally can't wait for this.

Haha me neither. You can never please PC gamers these days. And they wonder why it seems like companies don't "try" anymore.

Michael seems like he might be the only interesting character. Everyone else is a tired, played out stereotype.

Still I'll play it :D

If you think the "Michael" character isn't as tired and played out as the rest, you must not watch a lot of movies and TV these days.

That being said, the 3 characters seem a lot more interesting than the boring as hell guy from GTA4(that game bored me to death, hardly any "personality"). I'm also curious how these 3 protagonists tie together into one cohesive story(or if they do at all).

I want to like this game, but I'll probably end up waiting till well after launch to pick it up pending reviews/opinions/patches/etc. I just don't have the enthusiasm that others do with regards to preorders(thanks to the game industry as a whole really).

That being said, the 3 characters seem a lot more interesting than the boring as hell guy from GTA4(that game bored me to death, hardly any "personality"). I'm also curious how these 3 protagonists tie together into one cohesive story(or if they do at all).

Maybe they're going to do a three-way Nothing to Lose plot where Martin Lawrence carjacks Tim Robbins and they become buds.

Not as big a jump in graphics quality as I was hoping, doesn't look that much better than GTA IV

Heck, it looks way worse than the graphic mods for the PC GTAIV.

The backgrounds look better but the characters still look pretty bad.,, Maybe they're going for that, same as the way they stick with third person to stop people blaming them for all the real violence in the world, who knows..

Hopefully they fix the damn driving physics in GTA5! I hated them in GTA4. Horrible horrible driving mechanics. The resident evil spin and walk controls and sub-par graphics wouldn't hurt being looked at either.

Not as big a jump in graphics quality as I was hoping, doesn't look that much better than GTA IV

That will probably come in the PS4/Xbox3/PC version when those are announced (probably at E3).

Haha me neither. You can never please PC gamers these days. And they wonder why it seems like companies don't "try" anymore.
Rockstar literally didn't try to get GTA IV to work. It was poorly ported over, with most people getting ~10fps on high end graphics cards. You needed to download Games For Windows Live and remove the POS Rockstar Social Club, and only then would it run.

Cant wait and disappointed it got pushed back from its initial spring release target. Love em or hate em, Rockstar titles have a unique feel to them that's hard to describe and you dont really find in other games. GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3.

My only wish is that they'd waited and made it next-gen exclusive so PC wouldn't have to suffer with another port, but based on the hints theyve dropped about a possible new Red Dead title in future, seems like a new RDR may be that nextgen exclusive title and thats even better.

Rockstar literally didn't try to get GTA IV to work. It was poorly ported over, with most people getting ~10fps on high end graphics cards. You needed to download Games For Windows Live and remove the POS Rockstar Social Club, and only then would it run.

Yea but that got fixed eventually. Although the framerates were still a bit low. There were mods out that improved on it though. But I remember having to remove the social club for it to work. I didn't play much on the PC version though. I got it for Xbox.

That will probably come in the PS4/Xbox3/PC version when those are announced (probably at E3).

Lets hope so, I've been a fan of GTA since GTA2... enjoying Lost and the Damned right now on my HTPC... I was really looking forward to a nice jump in graphics quality

It woulda been cool if one of these characters was a girl, ALA La Femme Nikita/Point of No Return

Lets hope so, I've been a fan of GTA since GTA2... enjoying Lost and the Damned right now on my HTPC... I was really looking forward to a nice jump in graphics quality

GTA isn't really the kind of game you play for the graphics. It's much more about the huge open worlds. The Environments are so huge that lots of art assets have to be duplicated just for the game to be able to run smoothly.

GTA isn't really the kind of game you play for the graphics. It's much more about the huge open worlds. The Environments are so huge that lots of art assets have to be duplicated just for the game to be able to run smoothly.

Sure, up to potentially this point...

I can think of plenty of open world environments that are beautiful to look at... Judging from the trailer, where rockstar has gone wrong is by kind of crappy character art.

Destructoid put out a nice long article about a lot of the details from the game and impressions of gameplay. Seems a little long to post here but here are some quick little nuggets

http://www.destructoid.com/grand-theft-auto-v-everything-is-bigger-and-better-252852.phtml

-can swap characters at any time
-stats are back (stamina, shooting, strength, stealth, flying, driving, mechanic, and lung capacity)
-include stranger missions (i.e. the ? like ones in RDR)
-each character has a special ability (Michael can slow down time in a gunfight, Franklin can slow down time while driving, Trevor gives extra damage, takes less and has a unique melee attack)
-Overall it sounds like a big step forward from GTAIV

Sure, up to potentially this point...

I can think of plenty of open world environments that are beautiful to look at... Judging from the trailer, where rockstar has gone wrong is by kind of crappy character art.

Yes but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is only so much VRAM in a PC. You have to balance what you use it for. Remember how much better Mist's graphics were way back in the day? The graphics were photo-realistic in the 1990s. They did this by optimizing the game for graphics, not gameplay. The same could be said about old games like Corpse Killer or night trap. The graphics of these games are better than Crysis 3 but that's about the only they had - amazing graphics.

it looks like 2008 graphics to me.

Yep, that's because it's on the same game system that the 2008 Grand theft auto was on. They can't magically make photorealistic games for consoles that were released in 2005.

Yes but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is only so much VRAM in a PC. You have to balance what you use it for. Remember how much better Mist's graphics were way back in the day? The graphics were photo-realistic in the 1990s. They did this by optimizing the game for graphics, not gameplay. The same could be said about old games like Corpse Killer or night trap. The graphics of these games are better than Crysis 3 but that's about the only they had - amazing graphics.

Don't listen to this guy. He's severely high on meth right now.

Back