Amazon Shows Off Its First 'TV' Shows

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Amazon produced 14 pilot episodes and wants your opinion on them to decide the fate of each. The pilots are all free, so amble on over to Amazon’s video section and give them a watch while they are still available before they go behind the Prime subscription service wall.

The shows will eventually be available only for Amazon Prime members, just like other videos in its on-demand subscription service. But anyone can watch the pilots, and anyone can vote.

Amazon certainly can't do any worse than the networks and the drivel they call programming.

Betas and Zombieland are the two best so far.

I have watched Several..

So far I would recommend Zombieland, & Betas. Onion News Empire, Alpha House & Dark Minions could be OK. & I could not make it through the pilot episode of Browsers.. Fucking signing constantly..

This may get interesting. I am currently enjoying House of Cards on Netflix. The thing that I like about these "internet" shows is that they do not have to follow the rules of Hollywood or TV networks. In other words they can leave the show unrated without having to worry about how it is going to get aired and they do not have to follow a specific guideline when it comes to the length of each episode. If it takes 65 minutes to tell the story properly, they can run it for 65 minutes instead of cutting down to 60 or even worse if it is on a network that has commercials that would mean even less time for the show.

Zombieland was horrible, compared to the movie and the acting was just SO bad, Betas was pretty good though I liked that one havent watched any of the others.

Thanks for info, I will have to give them a go but have to agree with a previous post that they really cannot do too much worse than what is already on TV.

Speaking of these new internet-only shows, Hemlock Grove on Netflix is pretty interesting. Can't wait for Arrested Development.

Zombieland is interesting for what it is.. It's definitely not one of those series that takes itself serious.. I'll be watching it, it's entertaining enough to kill 30 minutes.

I found it a bit disappointing. It was a bad idea to keep the same characters, when they are not the same characters.

I agree with this. The writing was great and a lot of the elements that came from the movie such as the Zombie Kill of the Week and the Rules were nice touches. But I just couldn't get into it because of the cast. I think it would have been better to have it follow a different group and keep the hope alive for a real movie sequel.

I found it a bit disappointing. It was a bad idea to keep the same characters, when they are not the same characters.

Agreed. None of them have remotely the strength of character that the original had.
Woody, Eisenberg, Emma Stone - yeah good luck filling those shoes with some lesser known faces.

That said, for something that is supposed to compete with typical weekly broadcast shows (not cable-level)? I guess it's in that ball-park...but I still can't help being disappointed.

Back