Razer to Honor Giant Advertisement Snafu

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This is something you don’t see very often and it shows that Razer is a class act in the computer hardware industry. Due to an advertising error, the company listed products at 90% off and as the Internet works, everybody jumped on the bandwagon. Kudos to Razer for honoring their ad. :cool:

Errors of this magnitude are rare, but not unheard of, and companies aren’t legally obligated to fill the orders. But Razer has surprised everyone by deciding to fulfill most of the orders made with the erroneous code.

certainly makes me happy I own razer products, wish i'd see the deal though :)

Yeah not often you see good news posted about companies. Actually think this might be the first time Ive ever seen good news posted about Razer products. Nice to see.

why did they do this

this thread alone is worth $$$ advertising wise

studies show that consumers are more and more immune to the overload of traditional marketing, companies have actually paid people to stand on busy street corners and loudly discuss how awesome their products are because word of mouth is so effective

Why would they care they still made a profit.

Honestly, they may not have made much if any profit, and if they are honest about the statement "all the items purchased are “being sold well below their cost,” and the losses “will really, really hurt.”", then they arent making anything and losing a large amount - which is likely true. Even if the parts cost less than they charged, shipping is most assuredly not cheap, and as they arent shipping a bulk shipment to one location, they arent likely to get an overly massive discount on shipping these orders..

I dont know if they charged shipping or not on these, I cant find that answer, but if they didnt, they are definetly losing a hefty amount of money, and if they did, they still may possibly be losing enough for it to proper hurt their earnings, possibly enough to actually show a loss on some products.

This justifies why everyone jumps on these obviously-mistake deals, because there's always that one chance it gets honored.

I do like how they told the multiple order people to take one or none.

Razer has surprised everyone by deciding to fulfill most of the orders made with the erroneous code

why only most of the orders and not all of the orders?...

They are not honoring bulk orders. So if you ordered 10 of the same keyboard at the 90% discount, you will be given the option to purchase only one at the discounted rate, and the remaining 9 keyboards will be cancelled from your order.

E.g. Razer does not want people profiting from their mistake via resale.

That's how much Razer products are actually worth. Have fun when your mouse starts double-clicking by itself.

certainly makes me happy I own razer products, wish i'd see the deal though :)

Except it wasn't a deal and the OP doesn't understand what happened here. It was the result of an erroneous and unauthorized coupon code generated by a third party that leaked.

Even at 90% off I wouldn't pay that much for Razer's garbage.

plastic crap, I can buy a box of leggos for 10$ but this molded plastic crap costs so much more, rediculous. i've hated razer since i started gaming on pc's in the 90s, and would never buy any of their best buy flourishing pop products. let the wow and cod nubs fund their empire.

Pity I missed this, I would of snagged a couple more of their mousing surfaces. I hate their mice and keyboards, but have gotten quite a bit of enjoyable use out of my Vespula.

Hey, now I appreciate the Razer products I have a little more. Heck, I might go buy something else from them just because.

Odds are if this happened in the US, Razer wouldn't have honored it.

why only most of the orders and not all of the orders?...

if it was me i would honor the people that bought 1 or 2 items but if someone orderd in bulk and bought 20 mice at 12.99 its clear their intentions are just to resell them for proffit and i would void those sales since they are not legally obligated to honor the sale.

$260 for 20 mice worth 2600 retail, easy money.

How many times have stories like this ended with your order being canceled? Kudos to Razer's CEO for taking the road less traveled. :cool:

“While we have the option of canceling the orders legally, we’ve always had a customer comes first policy at Razer,” continues Tan, “and in respect of this incident, we have decided to honor the orders that were placed using the unauthorized code by Razer fans buying single products for their own use.”

Cool for the consumer but this seems like a horrible business practice. I doubt the return they will get from the publicity will be more than the loss or how many people they would turn away for not honoring this. People that try to exploit these mistyped discounts automatically assume it won't go through anyway.

Let's just pretend I am posting it for the Monday crowd / people that don't surf the [H] on the weekends. ;)

attachment.php

:D:D:D

Razor still have junk products so 90% off should be normal price...

That's how much Razer products are actually worth. Have fun when your mouse starts double-clicking by itself.

Even at 90% off I wouldn't pay that much for Razer's garbage.

^ I agree fully.

Ah, there's the predictable Razer trolls. You guys never disappoint.

These (us?) trolls have been burned by razor products too many times with their "cool" cheaply made pieces of shit that don't last.

Back