House Passes Controversial CISPA Cybersecurity Bill

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On Thursday afternoon, the CISPA cybersecurity Bill was passed by a wide margin in the House of Representatives, this time around with added support from House Democrats. The vote was 288 for, 127 against. The bill will now go to the Senate for discussion and vote.

But critics such as the American Civil Liberties Union and the Electronic Frontier Foundation describe the legislation as an attack on user privacy. They worry that companies will use the broad immunity offered by CISPA to ignore other laws that protect consumer privacy.

Didn't this already get shelved once? I guess they'll just keep pushing until it goes through . . .

Didn't this already get shelved once? I guess they'll just keep pushing until it goes through . . .

Proving that the guys you vote for treat CISPA the same way they handle intercourse...pushing until it goes instead of engaging in proper foreplay.

The only reason the Dems would have a problem with this is that it would make it harder to cover up their lies.

The Reps - Keep in mind that we have quite a few RINO's

I think it's interesting that the list of names only partially includes state id's

We'll see what happens in the Senate. But if the voting pattern holds true...it'll never make it.

sigh... tax dollars hard at work.... If it fails they will put it through again and again and waste more and more money when they could probably do something more beneficial that might i don't know help the country??

my two pennies.

the only thing that's going to fix stuf flike this is people dying of old age and retiring

I hate that they keep pushing shit like this through. I believe Obama said he would veto it, though, so we'll see what happens.

This is most likely not going to pass the Senate, and Obama has stated he will Veto. The House didn't get enough to prevent a veto so most likely this will be a flop.

I think this is a result of the childish fight between congress and Obama

I hate that they keep pushing shit like this through. I believe Obama said he would veto it, though, so we'll see what happens.
And we know he always does what he says he'll do. :rolleyes:

Tell you what; you can pass this once gov't is fully transparent as was promised (read; when Satan gets frostbite). Until then, we shouldn't be expected to be any more transparent than the gov't is, not as transparent as gov't fails to be.

This is most likely not going to pass the Senate, and Obama has stated he will Veto. The House didn't get enough to prevent a veto so most likely this will be a flop.

Obama is a pathological liar. I wouldn't hold your breath for a veto and, even if he does, they can still override it.

Unless you picked up the phone and called your Congressman... STFU.

For all of those who did, Thankyou!

There is a very small minority of Americans that actually try to make a difference instead of just bitching about why our country is going down the tubes.

Well you know the old saying. Congress's take on it:

"If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie again."

Was a matter of time anyway.

Canada recently sneaked this crap on us too. I forget the name of the bill but it basically allows for subnoas here too. Before piracy used to be legal here. This copyright BS is retarded. All about capitalism and greed.

Capitalism and greed are good... it's what drives most humans to better themselves and their customers. Where you get in trouble is when big companies use big government to get what they want by distorting or creating new laws. That's not Capitalism, its Corporatism. It's important to learn the difference.

It's amazing what an attack at the right time can achieve in a country full of frightened and easily manipulated people, all in the name of "National Security", and the obsession to totally control and monitor it's population...

Wonder what else is going to be changed across the globe because of this.

So this is how democracy dies...

this shit has been shelved so many times by my count this is the 6th time 4th name this has had I guess those repubs and dems did not want to get re elected but i doubt they will get the wake up call they need when suddenly they loose 65% of the people supporting them...

with any hope the senate will punt this back out the door and it wont make it to getting vetoed i dont want to see if obama is going to keep his word on this one.

Wow, way more Republicans voted for it than Democrats. So I guess Republicans are into big government now...? :confused:

Its already a guaranteed veto, they didn't even pass it with enough votes to counter the upcoming veto.

Capitalism and greed are good... it's what drives most humans to better themselves and their customers. Where you get in trouble is when big companies use big government to get what they want by distorting or creating new laws. That's not Capitalism, its Corporatism. It's important to learn the difference.

Capitalism is about making money at all costs, so yes I count this as capitalism.

most republicans are pro big government, so are most democrats. Both parties suck total ass

Friendlier words than I would use, but accurate.

Capitalism is about making money at all costs, so yes I count this as capitalism.

True capitalism hasn't existed since 1912. Businesses that don't make money at all costs don't exist because the government has made it impossible for them to do so. Hard to explain in a short post, but essentially government is so firmly entrenched in helping the major players, most can't even hope to enter a market to even attempt to compete with them, little lone survive in it without exercising the same dirty tricks everyone else does.

Nice

BIG

Government :rolleyes::(:eek::p

So much for the myth of "conservatives" actually giving a crap about big/little government, they exist to make their wealthy masters wealthier, and no other reason. :mad:

Don't try get out of it by blaming the government, it was the stupid lazy apathetic blobs that do fuck all about anything, citizens, oh you do one thing nicely COMPLY

Wow, way more Republicans voted for it than Democrats. So I guess Republicans are into big government now...? :confused:

Republicans are actually 100% in favor of big government when it benefits them. Just look at their voting record.

A lot of republicans love big government when it serves them. A lot of democrats love big government when it serves them. After the pendulum of power swings enough times everyone loses. Each party will continue to take away your rights until nothing is left.

I'm a libertarian based Republican which is trying to change the Republican party... hopefully we succeed :)

Suddenly, the lyrics to the song by One Republic materialize in my head:

"It's too to apologiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize."

A lot of republicans love big government when it serves them. A lot of democrats love big government when it serves them. After the pendulum of power swings enough times everyone loses. Each party will continue to take away your rights until nothing is left.

I'm a libertarian based Republican which is trying to change the Republican party... hopefully we succeed :)
The Media rewards politicians that want to expand government and punishes those that want to reduce government. Until that changes or people see past the media, it will never change.

Liberty needs people to defend it. I hope you do as well.

Even if it doesn't pass now, people were telling me that a version of this will eventually pass down the road (which might even be worse). Is there any truth to that?

Back