7870 XT undervolt problems

Overkill-X

Weaksauce
Im having issues trying to undervolt this card with sapphire trixx and msi afterburner (the latest beta)

What i am trying to accomplish is the following: in idle mode i want the card to clock the lowest and drop the voltage with it (at default it drops to 300mhz core, 150mhz ram @ 0,8V) and that is what it does. When i jump into a game, the card goes to 975 mhz core, 1500mhz ram @1.256V. Im trying to only force the load voltage down while keeping the idle voltage default.

With msi afterburner i can only force voltage if i tick the option in settings but the problem is that it also forces the idle voltage which in turn brings another problem with it when the clockspeed ramps up in desktop mode with this lower voltage causing my gfx driver to crash.

I also cant manually set the idle clocks so low as afterburner doesnt go lower then 485mhz core and 750mhz ram so atm im forced to keep the voltage constant but high enough for idle (with its variable clock) that it doesnt crash and a seperate preset for load clocks and lower voltage.)

Anyone having a similair issue? I want to drop the power consumption a bit as this card under load uses alot of power.

Back