23-24 inch monitors for gaming without flickering or PWM

video939

n00b
I have purchased and returned a vg248qe a BenQ XL2420T a dell U2412M and a eizo fs 2333-bk

All these monitors caused my eyes awful pain and headaches from only looking at them a very very short period of time.

I have never had a issue with LCD monitors like this before. I am a programmer that works all day on the computer. Never had this issue until i switched to LED-LCD monitors.

I have a spyder4pro which i calibrate the monitors to 120 brightness since that is the correct brightness for the light in my room.

My question is is there any monitor that i can use that is a LED-LCD monitor that i can use for gaming that will not have this PWM or flickering that causes me so much pain? I read that BenQ is released one soon called BenQ BL2411PT
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1364968911.

Is there any chance the response time will be suitable for gaming?

If anyone knows any monitor that is a monitor i can use for gaming that will not hurt me.

Last edited:
Maybe the Eizo 2336?

I am unsure about input lag on it, but it's PWM free at a brightness over 20%.

There is also the Eizo 2436, but it has a heavier AG coating.

Anything that isn't hard to get a hold of. Eizo 2336 is sold out everywhere i looked.

installed f.lux (and set it to max)!? 3500k color temperature

everything is red and gross.. the fs 2333 had this built into it... didn't work for gaming just made everything gross looking

Anything that isn't hard to get a hold of. Eizo 2336 is sold out everywhere i looked.

If in the US, I believe you can get it from PC Connection for $365. It's on order, which means they can still get it ... but they need to have it shipped to them first. Or at least that is what I assume it means. I am not sure how hard it is to find in other parts of the world, but typically Eizos are easier to find in Europe than the US.

The other option is to simply get a CCFL and make do with that. But you may have to go the used market for CCFL.

whats the best LCD CCFL monitor for gaming?

Where are you located? Here is great list of gaming CCFLs by sadbuttrue, maybe you can find them... at least used.
All of these are pretty much discontinued. LED has taken over the monitor world. I've also given up on modern displays due to the shitty backlight giving me headaches. Unfortunately you won't find a single CCFL 120hz display above 23".

A complete(ish) list of CCFL 120hz displays:

*Asus VG236HE
*Alienware AW2310

Acer GD245HQ
Acer GD235HZ
Planar SA2311W
LG W2363D
Samsung 2233RZ
Viewsonic VX2268WM

*These are the best 2 options imo. Glossy vs Matte.

Back