Metro: Last Light Ranger Survival Guide Trailer

Updated engine looks great, hopefully it runs a little more cleanly this time round.

Updated engine looks great, hopefully it runs a little more cleanly this time round.
what was wrong with first game? I was surprised at how well it performed and looked

ya the first game works fine if you have a good enough gfx card. i had to update from a geforce ti 4600 to a ati 5870 for the first metro.

ya the first game works fine if you have a good enough gfx card. i had to update from a geforce ti 4600 to a ati 5870 for the first metro.

Really... you must have been playing really old games or playing almost everything on lowest detail/resolution if Metro 2033 was the first game you played that you had to upgrade for.

2033 was a beast graphically.
I had dual 5870s and could only manage 1920 x 1200 single screen, where I had been playing most of the other games that year in Eyefinity.

I finally was able to play 2033 in Eyefinity when I upgraded to triple unlocked 6950s.:eek:

Im hoping I can do Eyefinity in this game with dual 7970s.

Really... you must have been playing really old games or playing almost everything on lowest detail/resolution if Metro 2033 was the first game you played that you had to upgrade for.
I'm sensing sarcasm as a lot of newer games won't run on a ti4600

What do you 2 mean? Ran fine on my system. Didn't have any issues with it whatsoever.

I'm playing through the first one right now. The mouse movement sucks...had to turn it down to almost zero sensitivity and even then it feels weird.

Side note: The fuck is with YouTube lately? Seems like during the evening hours (5-10 PM PST or so) I can barely get a 480p video to stream without interruption, let alone 720p+. Half the time HD won't even load at all. I have a 50 MB connection...this is ridiculous.

Side note: The fuck is with YouTube lately? Seems like during the evening hours (5-10 PM PST or so) I can barely get a 480p video to stream without interruption, let alone 720p+. Half the time HD won't even load at all. I have a 50 MB connection...this is ridiculous.

I had to watch it on IGN, it was nonstop buffering.

the aiming and mouse movement was a little weird on the first one, but still a great game, a rare jewel!

It truly looks like it will be great sequel.

This one is t based off a book, correct? I wonder how that will pan out.

It's not based off 2034, if that's what you mean, but the same author did help with the story. To what extent I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it was mostly developed in-house by the rest of the team.

Anyways, there really wasn't much of a story in the first game, or at least it didn't seem very story-driven, so if Last Light is anything like that, along with great graphics and gameplay, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

It's not based off 2034, if that's what you mean, but the same author did help with the story. To what extent I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it was mostly developed in-house by the rest of the team.

Anyways, there really wasn't much of a story in the first game, or at least it didn't seem very story-driven, so if Last Light is anything like that, along with great graphics and gameplay, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Valid points. Thanks.

Back