Suggestions for Memory Cards for phone?

zamardii

2[H]4U
I am tired of using my 8gb memory card with my phone and I am constantly swapping content on the stick of my Galaxy S3. Ebay has a ton of options and am looking for Class 10/UHS memory cards. But there are such pricing disparities even just looking at the United States sellers only. I see a LOT of Samsung Cards and Sandisk.

I would love a 64gb card but that's kind of out of my price range. I saw some decently priced 32gb cards for around $28 but I also don't want to buy crap.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Here you go. Pretty much the defacto-standard for SD Cards. I have one in my Note 2 and have had no issues.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I will second the above recommendation. I have an older Class 2. Mine failed after 6 months. San Disk sent me a new one, no questions asked. It has been used in three phones and a media player over more than 2 years now.

Yeah the sandisk ones are the pretty much go to cards. If you can wait a bit I often see the 64g uhs1 version go around the $35 mark.

As for branding, San Disk is pretty much the best in the SD world, including microSD. Some of their microSD class 6 benchmarks better than competitors' class 10's.

I would say don't get one lesser than class 6 if it's SanDisk. For everyone else, get class 10.

FYI gents, IIRC there have been several threads over on the XDA Note2 forums discussing Sudden microSD card Death Syndrome with the red 32G Sandisk cards....usually symptomed by first mount/unmout issues and eventually the card no longer working

Yeah, Sandisk has recently fixed the issue, and will replace any of them that go bad. That being said, I just got a GSkill 32gb class 10 for $20. I'll wait until next card to go back to Sandisk

I only had one sandisk go bad on me, most of my 512meg cards are still working from YEARS ago. I have a handfull of 4gig, two 8 gigs and a 32meg all sandisk and I forget their classes too, think my 32g is a class 10 but I paid $45 for it a few years ago.

I got one of the 64gb Sandisk SDXC UHS-1 cards for my Note 2 (was only $39 thru rakuten after a $20 off $50 coupon). File transfers are refreshingly quick, full albums transfer over in just a few seconds.

Here you go. Pretty much the defacto-standard for SD Cards. I have one in my Note 2 and have had no issues.

Got the exact same card in my Note 2 as well. It was just $20.99 at Costco last month

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back