Judge Holds Himself In Contempt For His Smartphone

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, have you ever heard of a judge that held himself to the same rules he imposes on others? This is definitely a first. :eek:

Voet has used a Blackberry mobile phone for years, and said he wasn't as familiar with the operation of the new touchscreen, Windows-based phone. "That's an excuse, but I don't take those excuses from anyone else.

$25 fine + good publicity vs. bad publicity

Easy decision to make.

$25 fine + good publicity vs. bad publicity

Easy decision to make.

I don't think it was necessarily about the publicity so much as his integrity. That aside though, it is good to see that in a judge, because in my experience I think a lot of judges abuse their position.

Well done for this guy. Holds himself to the same standards as everyone else.

World needs more people like that.

As said before, good for him. As an employee of the US Courts, seeing that kind of humility is rare.

What is this guy doing? He's just rocking the boat. Its easier in life to know that when you walk into the court room that no one has any ethics and will twist the law to suit their needs, and that the judge is just a hypocritical a-hole.

Great, now I have some hope for people again. Thanks judge!

I have an old blackberry, and you cannot turn that stupid voice command "feature" off. Pissed me off, because i bump that button quite frequently when holstering the phone. Then to make it shut up i have to take it back out again and hit the cancel button. Stupid feature is made even stupider by NOT having a way to turn it off.

I have an old blackberry, and you cannot turn that stupid voice command "feature" off. Pissed me off, because i bump that button quite frequently when holstering the phone. Then to make it shut up i have to take it back out again and hit the cancel button. Stupid feature is made even stupider by NOT having a way to turn it off.

It can be configured to perform other functions by going into Options and then Screen/Keyboard. Just set the Convenience Key Opens: setting to something else. I usually set it to open the memo or to lock the keyboard since both are more "harmless."

Back