Warning: Tax Day is Rapidly Approaching

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Since Monday is the deadline for filing your 2012 US tax returns, we felt it our civic duty to remind you of that little fact and also offer some consolation for your loss or maybe help celebrate your gain. Tax Day Freebies has listed several perks for tax day and there are many more out there on the Internet if you just give it a look. :cool:

Thankfully, some companies are trying to make Tax Day a little less painful by offering some nifty deals and freebies.

5vpw1z.jpg

I hired a CPA this year for the first time...Never doing my taxes again. He got me So much freaking money back. He literally got me triple what TurboTax and TaxAct were showing for me. Well worth the measly $250 he charged.

I hired a CPA this year for the first time...Never doing my taxes again. He got me So much freaking money back. He literally got me triple what TurboTax and TaxAct were showing for me. Well worth the measly $250 he charged.

Yep, well worth the money to pay a professional.

I have a coworker that I found out was not planning to file because he could not afford to pay H&R Block the fee they wanted. He didn't realize it was a criminal offense to not file. :eek:

Well, I already filed... January 31st.!

Where is my refund, IRS?

For a stupidly low refund, it's been perpetually in process. Hopefully it comes on the week of the 15th.

Yep, well worth the money to pay a professional.

I have a coworker that I found out was not planning to file because he could not afford to pay H&R Block the fee they wanted. He didn't realize it was a criminal offense to not file. :eek:

:rolleyes:

We had to pay thousands. Its always good when we have to pay rather than get a refund.

Taxes were filed second week of January for both State and Fed. Received the measly refund first week of February.

Please explain how tax day is rapidly approaching when time is expended at a constant rate.

Thuleman said:
Please explain how tax day is rapidly approaching when time is expended at a constant rate.

Time is relative.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Just did my taxes. Flat $0 refund. Was expecting to have to pay $500 or so since that's what I paid last year and I didnt think anything changed. Then I realized I also got a bonus two years ago from work which caused me to pay. Didn't get a bonus last year, so my taxes flatlined with my witholdings.

It's nice to not have to pay any more taxes, but its more saddening that I didnt get a bonus that required me to pay those taxes.

how much did it cost? I heard it can be nearly 100 bucks all said and done

? I don't know how it works for the US but my turbotax cost me $30 to buy in store and that's the only thing I had to pay. They offer things like "audit defense" and shit but I don't bother as my returns are pretty simple. $30 lets me files up to 8 returns online, and lets me do all my job, school and rrsp info.

Last 3 years my returns have averaged $5000 so the $30 I spent on my tax software was nothing. Specially after I hand my tax kit out to friends and get stuff like free coffee and a couple bucks from em, I almost get it free every year, after I use 2 returns out of my 8 for me and my wife I got no use for my other 6 so why not right? lol :p

Finally got ours turned in yesterday :( Been waiting on my wife's photography "business" (she runs it with one other girl) to finally get their crap together and file so we could put the last information in. They just finished Saturday night with that piece :mad:

Estimated pretty well this year. Only getting about $300 back, so at least I didn't give the government even more money in the form of a interest free loan :p

Last 3 years my returns have averaged $5000
You should adjust your withholdings, getting this much back means you are paying in way too much. Ideally you want to get close to nothing back, if not then owe rather than get a large refund. Those 5k is money you could have had during the year to work with.

Since Monday is the deadline for filing your 2012 US tax returns, we felt it our civic duty to remind you of that little fact and also offer some consolation for your loss or maybe help celebrate your gain. Tax Day Freebies has listed several perks for tax day and there are many more out there on the Internet if you just give it a look. :cool:

Wish I'd seen this yesterday, I'd have stopped in for some free/half-off food since I was out shopping on the 15th... though sadly most of the coupons were for chains that I dont have locally so *shrug*

been using TurboTax for years!...easy to use with no issues
how much did it cost? I heard it can be nearly 100 bucks all said and done

I had to pay $130 for turbotax online. So I ended up with a net LOSS this year T_T (so many refundable credits got axed... my income was in the negatives after deductions but I'm only getting a double-digit refund...)

Back