Post your i5-3570k Overclocks please.

esCo_

Gawd
Looking to get some intel on how others overclocks have gone with an intel i5-3570k. Please list Speed and Vcore if you wouldn't mind and also temps are full load on prime95 and IBT.

At the moment I have my 3570k at 4.5Ghz which I plan to use daily. I am using 1.2Vcore and seems to be prime95 stable as well as IBT on Very High 10 passes.

Max IBT Temp was 94C - really discouraging.
Max Prime 95 Temp so far is 78C - makes me happier because I think prime95 is a more realistic temp for me while playing games.

His sig has the H70.

I would remount and redo the TIM, that seems really high.

P95 will give you temps even higher than playing games, but you still want to plan for worst case scenario.

Yeah you will rarely ever produce those P95 temps in regular use. Even during heavy encoding I doubt it will get that hot. But, the summer is coming up ambient temps will rise and that is still a high temp for a closed loop.

What TIM are you using. I agree with re-applying. 78c for p95 isn't that bad though.

I am currently using MX-2 on my processor. It is either that or AS5 which I have little left of, maybe enough for one use. But MX-2 is suppose to be better then AS5. I can't buy any other tim at this time. I may try to re-mount and re-apply. I was in a bit of a rush when trying to install this one because I had to send out my 2550k that day. I am also having trouble being able to lower the vcore on my overclock. Right now I have it stable at 4.5 Vcore 1.235. I have read some are able to get it below 1.2 which is what I would love to do.

I've had mine to 4.4 with 1.275v fully stable but I've settled on 4.0 at 1.1v runs cool and dead silent and gives me a nice boost. I'm happy

Mine is running 24/7 at 4.2 at stock voltage. Had it at 4.4 for a while and might go there again if I decide I need it. Idles at 27-32c, maxes out on games around 63c.

4.4Ghz with 1.2v, ~65°C under Prime95, below 60°C when encoding or gaming. I use a H80i cooler with GT-AP 15 fans at full speed.

My 1.2v are from an offset voltage, its actually jumping between 1.184 and 1.216. I left LLC at auto/regular which is probably not optimal, I could set it to medium and lower the offset to get lower voltage spikes under light load when vdroop isn't kicking in.

Well I had a hell of a time getting a fully stable 4.5 clock. I know before I said 1.235 for the vcore but apparently LLC was setting it up to 1.285 which is around what I need for 4.5 I turned LLC down to high so it would stop the vcore boosting. Temps seem fine. idle around 30C and max at 80C during prime or IBT. During games it never exceeds 65C.

Check out SIG. When just surfing, it sits at .92 to .938 volts. When gaming, hits about 1.19 volts.

I could get my vcore lower if I wanna go below 4.5 but I wanna kind stay around 4.5. I may do some testing on 4.3 or something though to see if I can get vcore lower. I dont think there is much of a difference between 4.5 and 4.3. I will ultimately try for 5.0 but only to test and bench.

I could get my vcore lower if I wanna go below 4.5 but I wanna kind stay around 4.5. I may do some testing on 4.3 or something though to see if I can get vcore lower. I dont think there is much of a difference between 4.5 and 4.3. I will ultimately try for 5.0 but only to test and bench.

uhhh, who cares what the vcore is? As long as its not dangerously high and your temps are fine who seriously gives a fuck? (Besides the people who want to save $4.45 a month on electricity costs. :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
uhhh, who cares what the vcore is? As long as its not dangerously high and your temps are fine who seriously gives a fuck? (Besides the people who want to save $4.45 a month on electricity costs. :rolleyes: )

I guess it's up to the individual, but it is a factor to consider if you're trying to get an optimal OC with the least amount of voltage as it could impact heat, and indirectly, this would affect the stability of your OC since on extraordinarilyy hot days where your ambient temperature is higher than average, your case temperature would be higher as well and so on.

If you dont' give a shit about that and just want the maximum OC possible, then you'd probably just use the highest vcore you could get away with for the maximum overclock; which seems to be the camp you're in.

I guess it's up to the individual, but it is a factor to consider if you're trying to get an optimal OC with the least amount of voltage as it could impact heat, and indirectly, this would affect the stability of your OC since on extraordinarilyy hot days where your ambient temperature is higher than average, your case temperature would be higher as well and so on.

If you dont' give a shit about that and just want the maximum OC possible, then you'd probably just use the highest vcore you could get away with for the maximum overclock; which seems to be the camp you're in.

Actually its better to have slightly more voltage than needed as opposed to skirting on the edge of stability trying to find the lowest vcore possible. If the ambient temperature in your house fluctuates more than a couple degree's Celsius you should probably get your AC fixed.

Actually its better to have slightly more voltage than needed as opposed to skirting on the edge of stability trying to find the lowest vcore possible. If the ambient temperature in your house fluctuates more than a couple degree's Celsius you should probably get your AC fixed.

I agree with you completely, just saying that you want enough voltage to be stable, but not anymore than that if you can help it.

In other words, if I can get a 4.5 overclock stable (if that's not clear, STABLE overclock at 1.15 volts, then why use 1.20 volts. Thats all I'm saying.

I live in the bay area, so weather is pretty good, however, in the summers it can get up to the low 90's and we don't use AC. If you're able to maintain a pretty constant ambient temperature where your computer is then more power to you!

I prefer lower vcore for lower temps since I do not have the best of cooling for my chip. Plus I haven't delidded it, YET, but not sure if I am going to or not. I basically just want a good stable overclock to play my games with the best quality and performance I can get. I can some what notice a difference in games going from stock clocks to 4.5. It is not big but it definitely runs smoother imo.

And if you know anything about processor then you know the higher you set your vcore the higher your temps the less life span it may have. That is why it is best to keep your vcore as low as you can go for what ever overclock you use. At the moment I am fortunate enough to keep my 4.5 clock with temps not going near 90. It may get close to 80 on IBT or prime but even when folding it barely breaks 70. During gameplay it doesn't even sweat.

Mine is running 24/7 at 4.2 at stock voltage. Had it at 4.4 for a while and might go there again if I decide I need it. Idles at 27-32c, maxes out on games around 63c.

How did you go about doing this? Just upped the multiplyer in the bios or did you change anything else? I'm looking to do the same thing and I don't wanna mess with the voltage.

I think I was able to go up to as high as 4.0 at stock voltage settings. All I changed when I did this was the Multiplier I believe but I can be wrong. Can't remember exactly what I had it at, never really wanted anything below 4.5.

I just upped the multi on the turbo for all cores as well as the overall multiplier. It idles down to 1.6 ghz but goes up to 4.2 when needed.

I just upped the multi on the turbo for all cores as well as the overall multiplier. It idles down to 1.6 ghz but goes up to 4.2 when needed.

What are your settings? Just so I can shoot for something.

My chip is batch 3237B526 and it has to be the worst Ivy chip I've had by a large margin. 4.5ghz takes 1.396V with temps reaching 100*C with a megahalems. It won't do 4.6, period. Can't even get into BIOS with 1.450V it just locks up. I don't think its even worth de-lidding honestly, just waiting for haswell to get rid of this POS.

My chip is batch 3237B526 and it has to be the worst Ivy chip I've had by a large margin. 4.5ghz takes 1.396V with temps reaching 100*C with a megahalems. It won't do 4.6, period. Can't even get into BIOS with 1.450V it just locks up. I don't think its even worth de-lidding honestly, just waiting for haswell to get rid of this POS.

It just amazes me the difference in chips. I have done 5.0 with mine at 1.45v. I only ran prime for a little while, so I didn't game etc to verify stability. Temps got to 89c, never crashed or error-ed out in Prime though.

It just amazes me the difference in chips. I have done 5.0 with mine at 1.45v. I only ran prime for a little while, so I didn't game etc to verify stability. Temps got to 89c, never crashed or error-ed out in Prime though.

Yeah, this is my 4th 3570k and the other 3 all hit 4.8ghz with pretty decent voltage, although none were 5.0 chips. I have had 3 3770k's and two were average settling at 4.7/4.8 but one was 5.0ghz capable.

Yeah, this is my 4th 3570k and the other 3 all hit 4.8ghz with pretty decent voltage, although none were 5.0 chips. I have had 3 3770k's and two were average settling at 4.7/4.8 but one was 5.0ghz capable.

I just don't see the need to do what it takes to be at 5.0 and be stable. It would most likely involve de-lidding and MAYBE a different cooling setup. I can play any game right now at 4.8 that I could play at 5.0 without having to jump into the 1.4v range.

Back