New Monoprice 27"

This is a Grade A-1 panel, which means no image defects are allowed. That means no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no focus issues at the edge, nothing wrong at all.

HardForum will prove them wrong. ;)

It says it's anti-glare. I wonder how grainy it is.
They claim it's actually glass laminated to the monitor with an antiglare coating. I think this is similar to what they do on the 27 inch imac and perhaps those new Dells with the glass panels. I don't think most LCDs actually do it that way, and this may be more similar to how CRTs were treated for glare.

LOL, my Dell U2713HM was only $30 higher than the monitor.
True, but note that was on sale at an unusually low price and that this seems to be taking aim at that market segment with a lower starting price.

They claim it's actually glass laminated to the monitor with an antiglare coating. I think this is similar to what they do on the 27 inch imac and perhaps those new Dells with the glass panels. I don't think most LCDs actually do it that way, and this may be more similar to how CRTs were treated for glare.

Somebody buy this, i've overspent my monitor budget this year!

I'll buy it when it comes back in stock -- I'm still playing "Musical Chairs" with Newegg and the LG 29EA93. On my third one due to dead pixels or bad uniform.

Back