Man Uses Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend

The sequel will be interesting. Where she takes half of everything he owns. Then comes the child support DLC.

I find it ironic that he used general Ackbar for a proposal. It's a trap!

I find it ironic that he used general Ackbar for a proposal. It's a trap!
Yanno... that was the first thing to hit me too.

Next to the computer was a chest with 4 locks on it, inside the chest was a note for her to turn around. So after completing the game and unlocking the chest, she spun around to find me on one knee.
So he used a video game to make her do a bunch of complicated stuff, to find a key to unlock a chest that says turn around... he spend 164 hours making a video game just to get her to turn around.... .to turn... around.

Seriously, embed some proposal into the game or something. Turn around.. *sigh* amateurs these days

he did it all wrong the ring should have been in the box not a NOTE perhaps amiss some fake jewels or something dollar coins maybe...

Just fucking congratulate the couple guys. Lol. Some of you seam really bitter about this.

So he used a video game to make her do a bunch of complicated stuff, to find a key to unlock a chest that says turn around... he spend 164 hours making a video game just to get her to turn around.... .to turn... around.

Seriously, embed some proposal into the game or something. Turn around.. *sigh* amateurs these days

LOL, all of that trouble just to get her to turn around to what was a normal real life proposal

Just fucking congratulate the couple guys. Lol. Some of you seam really bitter about this.

With a over 50% divorce rate its kind of hard to congratulate. How would you choose if somebody told you that if you go through an elaborate ceremony and sign legal documents you have a 50% chance of losing lots of assets and if you have kids pay child support? Sign me up! What a deal!

That said congrats to them and I hope they are not part of that sad statistic.

Marriage is like playing "The Worlds Hardest Game" with one life, no restarts

oh and blindfolded...

Married 10 years now, btw.

Was listening to late night radio when I was driving home from work last night, Love Lines, and the host said something really funny (and true). "That those who are not married don't get this, but you have it so good if you don't have kids or are married, you can end a relationship with a phone call... that's it, no papers to file, no lawyers to get involved, just "Hi, I don't want to see you anymore, bye"

With a over 50% divorce rate its kind of hard to congratulate. How would you choose if somebody told you that if you go through an elaborate ceremony and sign legal documents you have a 50% chance of losing lots of assets and if you have kids pay child support? Sign me up! What a deal!

That said congrats to them and I hope they are not part of that sad statistic.

Well, maybe that's why so many people play this game: it's hardcore. Kinda like trying to win at EverQuest or something. Sure, chances are you'll crash and burn, but if you don't the sense of accomplishment is pretty nice.

the sense of accomplishment is pretty nice.
Unfortunately, too many people use marriage and babies as an attempt to bring happiness to their hearts, when really they need to look within themselves to find that. They often can't do this because they have little to no self respect, they are doomed to fail, and when they do fail they play the victim and blame others and make NO personal growth. People need to grow up and realize marriage is not necessary to live a happy beautiful life with someone you love. Try loving yourself first, that's always a rewarding "game".

If you are happily married though, great. But pressure to marriage is a poison on our society. Arranged marriages are worse, of course. Those folks are trapped and depressed as fuck!

If you are happily married though, great. But pressure to marriage is a poison on our society. Arranged marriages are worse, of course. Those folks are trapped and depressed as fuck!

hahahahaha. Yeah enjoy going extinct and replaced muslims.

Arranged marriages are worse, of course. Those folks are trapped and depressed as fuck!
It's the opposite actually. Data consistently finds that arranged marriage partners report higher levels of marital happiness, less separation and divorce rates, and lower stress levels. Often attributed to the fact that cultures with arranged marriages have the whole families involved in the process of mate selection, place emphasis on marriage as working toward love as opposed to romantic, fleeting feelings that many Western marriages are based upon, and the goals the partners feel the marriage is supposed to achieve.

It's the opposite actually. Data consistently finds that arranged marriage partners report higher levels of marital happiness, less separation and divorce rates, and lower stress levels. Often attributed to the fact that cultures with arranged marriages have the whole families involved in the process of mate selection, place emphasis on marriage as working toward love as opposed to romantic, fleeting feelings that many Western marriages are based upon, and the goals the partners feel the marriage is supposed to achieve.

More incidents of acid poured on the faces of wives and more incidents of general spousal abuse, however.

Most people fail to see that commitment must come first, and then love. Here's how it usually happens - fall in love, decide to get married, love lasts for a little while, and then it becomes work. This is where most divorcees fall of the wagon. Those that commit usually make it through the slump and find a deeper love for each other. I'm a newlywed, will be married for a year in a couple of months. On average, it's at year 3 when the "slump" occurs.

And if you think pressure to marry is bad, just wait till you get married! When you're single it's - "So do you have a woman in your life?" When you're dating - "When are you getting married?" When you're married - "When are you going to start having kids?" :D

It's the opposite actually. Data consistently finds...

I dunno man... I actually know several couples who were "arranged" and the pressure for them to appear to be happy is overwhelming. To be anything less, and certainly to divorce, is one of the worst things possible and they'd rather suffer in silence. The men often mistreat the women and the women can't do anything about it except "trust god". I really don't trust that "data" of yours.

As for procreation, that's a silly argument, if you really want a kid why not adopt one that needs a parent? Oh, I guess it's all a competition to put more of "your kind" on the planet!? Wow, that's fucked up dude... IMHO

It doesn't sound like you personally know couples in arranged marriages.

If you actually did know these couples you're referring to then that would beg the question as to why you're friends with men who "often mistreat" their wives. If I was friends with men who often mistreated their wives then I would a) end that friendship and then b) get the wives more help than "trust god"

I have no idea what procreation argument you're referring to as I certainly never made one and no one else in the thread has either that I've seen.

why you're friends with men who "often mistreat" their wives.
I'm not, but I do know some of these kinds of men are happy with the situation.

I have no idea what procreation argument you're referring to
It was response to what Joseph said about muslims taking over.

Anyways, I do wish everyone well, especially any newly weds. I don't really think there's any shame in getting divorced if things don't work out, I just hope any child involved there is well taken care of as they are the ones most likely to get messed up from it.

Asking a gang of criminal thieves for "permission" to marry is the lowest form of submission that a pleb could ever hope to engage in. While I am happy for the couple, they should avoid getting married in the eyes of the state because doing so only re-enforces the notion that the state should have the ability to control consensual adult relationships.

As for procreation, that's a silly argument, if you really want a kid why not adopt one that needs a parent? Oh, I guess it's all a competition to put more of "your kind" on the planet!? Wow, that's fucked up dude... IMHO

Right, the basic biological purpose for living things is really fucked up. Its not a silly argument. 1st world country birth rates are abysmal.

Right, the basic biological purpose for living things is really fucked up. Its not a silly argument. 1st world country birth rates are abysmal.
Yeah, I just don't get competition... to marry and procreate just to "beat" other countries/religions... I simply think that attitude is highly destructive and irresponsible.

I also don't believe other living things have these kinds of instincts. I kinda believe squirrels would like to rid the world of all humans so they can continue their plan for world domination, but I'd like to think we are above them in the butt-hurt department.

Yeah, I just don't get competition... to marry and procreate just to "beat" other countries/religions... I simply think that attitude is highly destructive and irresponsible.

Okay. Enjoy your family and culture going down the shitter. Your kind will eventually die out and be replaced by more sensible people.

I also don't believe other living things have these kinds of instincts.
If animals didn't have an instinct to procreate they would die out.

Okay. Enjoy your family and culture going down the shitter. Your kind will eventually die out and be replaced by more sensible people.
It's sensible to discriminate and be prejudice against other people and have kids in an attempt to battle that? Ok... maybe we are just talking about two different things now. No worries.

If animals didn't have an instinct to procreate they would die out.
No disagreement there, but I was referring to the reasoning behind their instincts, not that they have any at all. You might be right though, that it's all fear based.

Back